So the shed is back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Edna it is ... Can I watch ?

Right, proper update.

Been to the body shop. £300 will fix it.

I've hooned in the car, the suspension isn't a small improvement it's a large one. This has made my car much more composed at speed at a lot better in bends. She generates more grip, more progressive handling and feedbacks more on the steering. It's a proper sports saloon.

High speed stability is wildly better. It's amazing. It's £600 very well spent as the car is very capable. Only problem is now the chassis is so capable it feels under engined....

I now love the shed.

So what is the low speed ride like. You will only ever be able to spend 95% of your "wheel time" hooning" :D:p

Bellow said:
I cured that for a mate on his 190.

How? It's the only thing spoiling the drive. Interstingly it only happens once when cold.

Trapperjohn. The ride is at low speed noticeably firmer but acceptable still. I don't do much town driving and the car really is only used in time off now.

Go on then, tell us! Which oil do you recommend? How is it better quality than the one MB specify?

It was LE1107 the twice removed predecessor of these two >> Passenger Cars on Lubrication Engineers, Inc.

It smoothed out his first change of the day - despite not having the appropriate MB spec. The second fluid in the link may (or may not) have MB spec appropriate to your requirements. What is the MB spec for the 7g box?

Bellow said:
It was LE1107 the twice removed predecessor of these two >> Passenger Cars on Lubrication Engineers, Inc.

It smoothed out his first change of the day - despite not having the appropriate MB spec. The second fluid in the link may (or may not) have MB spec appropriate to your requirements. What is the MB spec for the 7g box?

I'm going to look into this with my indie. Thanks

Happy you're happy with the suspension results. Wait till you drive it real hard and see how it comes to life. Next thing is the Steinbauer tuning box.

Right, proper update.

I've hooned in the car, the suspension isn't a small improvement it's a large one. This has made my car much more composed at speed at a lot better in bends. She generates more grip, more progressive handling and feedbacks more on the steering. It's a proper sports saloon.

High speed stability is wildly better. It's amazing. It's £600 very well spent as the car is very capable. Only problem is now the chassis is so capable it feels under engined....

I now love the shed.

excellent news !!

get a Brabus chip ..

Right, proper update.

I now love the shed.
New OEM springs and dampers would have probably done the same.

People always compare suspension upgrades to their old worn out setup and are impressed.

HB said:
Happy you're happy with the suspension results. Wait till you drive it real hard and see how it comes to life. Next thing is the Steinbauer tuning box.

I've been hooning in fife it's brilliant. Will not sure as I had it for ages on OEM parts and it was never like this.

New OEM springs and dampers would have probably done the same.

People always compare suspension upgrades to their old worn out setup and are impressed.
Don't talk pish

Don't talk pish

?????

Weirdly the difference when I fitted new springs and dampers at ~100k miles was like night and day, so any "upgrade" should only be compared to a new OEM setup.

H & R Cup Kit or Bilstein B12 suspension kits will feel tighter and better than a standard OEM setup new or at 100K.

My S211 Sport has an H & R Cup kit on it after consultaion with Olly at PCS as I'm running 19" wheels and the Bilstein is a stiffer and harsher setup which would be more likely to damage my wheels on the severly pot holed roads round our way.

I've also driven one of the last S211 Sports on a 09 plate with 18K on the clock and that setup is definately softer and less well damped than the H & R kit.

That said DM is correct that a tired 100K setup will be transformed if replaced like for like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom