So the shed is back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
sinewave said:
H & R Cup Kit or Bilstein B12 suspension kits will feel tighter and better than a standard OEM setup new or at 100K.

My S211 Sport has an H & R Cup kit on it after consultaion with Olly at PCS as I'm running 19" wheels and the Bilstein is a stiffer and harsher setup which would be more likely to damage my wheels on the severly pot holed roads round our way.

I've also driven one of the last S211 Sports on a 09 plate with 18K on the clock and that setup is definately softer and less well damped than the H & R kit.

That said DM is correct that a tired 100K setup will be transformed if replaced like for like.

I'm still loving my set up. Been out to Rowardenen On loch Lomond over the back road via Stockiemuire. I've had big fun

?????

Weirdly the difference when I fitted new springs and dampers at ~100k miles was like night and day, so any "upgrade" should only be compared to a new OEM setup.
Yes and Bilstein B8 dampers with Eibach pro kit springs are way ahead of oem spec

Glad you are enjoying the Billies Steve!

I'm still finding levels of cornering grip I never dreamed of. Passengers occasionally look a little perplexed at entry speeds but the grin is there on exit :D

Steve,
Glad you're now happier with your car. Your tales of woe sound worse than mine were. Only 1 inlet port and front bearing to go to surpass me.

Good luck :thumb:

PS. Great photos on your roadtrips, glad you enjoyed the Cotswolds. Lovely part of the world. Sometimes we don't realise how nice it is where we live.

crockers said:
Steve,
Glad you're now happier with your car. Your tales of woe sound worse than mine were. Only 1 inlet port and front bearing to go to surpass me.

Good luck :thumb:

PS. Great photos on your roadtrips, glad you enjoyed the Cotswolds. Lovely part of the world. Sometimes we don't realise how nice it is where we live.

It's pretty much perfect, a few body work issues and I'm there with it until something breaks....

The Cotswolds tour was amazing. Really lovely part of Englandshire....beautiful rolling countryside and architecture.

Peter, agree and it's noticeable. I think to safely breach the limits you'd need a track. I can't wait for the Yorkshire YOMP. It's going to be brilliant

Must remember to pack a rope and a straight-bar to get Steve out of a ditch.

Any one coming with a G-Wagen and a winch :devil::D

Just as long as he doesn't try to compare the high speed acceleration and corner grip that makes the Lamborghini Gallardo such a fantastically safe car to drive

[youtube]1pgm8I0B8bY[/youtube]

That's class!

Bet the Lambo driver felt a right Tw**! :wallbash:

Never was a fan of AWD

C_67_article_2054111_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

OK, he nicked a few bits of cheese and some wine but does that really make him a bad person :D

Oops - that's AWT I was thinking of ....

It must be the air around these parts.

An Audi A4 went past and I just saw this. I quickly snapped a photo

6a00d8341d417153ef0162ff51e9aa970d-.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom