So then. Defecting am I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SportsCoupeRich

MB Enthusiast
Car
RRS
As many of you are aware, the C class coupe has been up for sale and the Porsche Boxster S was on its way in. Great, I thought. I have always loved Porsches and really really want one.

Then I got offered a 04 clk320 so I am having that instead....guess I couldnt leave the marque just yet!

209 is lovely ... the pillarless effect is just wonderful

2004 clk 320 Avantgarde, silver (doh!) with black leather and lots of toys (fully loaded infact)

No pics as of yet, but I will be putting my styling 4s on the car i think.

The boxster will come in a years time, or maybe a cayman if they are reasonable by then....

I dont really know much about the car yet, as its a complicated 3 car swap deal (!!!) but I like the shape and whilst it isnt my ideal car I can stomach it for a year and not lose any money on it...which is always nice.

Pics when I get it!

Does anyone know if xenons were std on an 04 avantgarde?

Xenons are/were always extras. (Mine had them and where fab).

8< "I can stomach it for a year and not lose any money on it...which is always nice."

Really? A non-depreciating car? Shurley Shome Mishtake? ;)

Essentially...a business partner of a close friend is getting the new s class, and trading in his old s class, his finance guy wants his old s class (an 04) and is trading in the clk, i'll take the clk and we'll give them the c203 and the balance is going on the accounts....close friends!!! I'm getting it at a grand under part ex price. so can sell it in a year and hopefully it will be a similar value.

fingers crossed for the xenons then!!

SportsCoupeRich said:
As many of you are aware, the C class coupe has been up for sale and the Porsche Boxster S was on its way in. Great, I thought. I have always loved Porsches and really really want one.

Then I got offered a 04 clk320 so I am having that instead....guess I couldnt leave the marque just yet!

Hi,

Is it a facelifted W209?

Dont forget to take your comand out of your W203 before you trade it in! I have a Cd player you could put in its place for a small fee;)

congrats on staying with MB.

Nice one!!

04 does sound like it will be a facelift.

Ooh, and any chance you can find me some friends like that please?? They seem like good ones!! ;)

its on a 54 plate. it has comand, parktronic, telephone pre wire, cd changer.

basic avantgarde spec i think aside form this (anyone know where I can get a list of this?)

Thing it is missing is decent wheels and xenons. How much are the xenons and are they plug and play?? Can i just get some off ebay and swap them over?

Hammerhead said:
Really? A non-depreciating car? Shurley Shome Mishtake? ;)

Buy at an MB Finance Auction (December) - a convertible or estate - and sell in May/June privately.

No depreciation.

Easy.

:D

Congrats on your new machine, primer coat as well, best colour:D :D

Congrats on the new car, you'll love driving the 320 I certainly do!

Nice shape too, the W209. It was that car that convinced me to get the W203 C320 as a friend let me his W209 320 for a month whilst he was on holiday!

Great spec & fantastic colour!

Don't worry about the lights. I don't have xenons and the standard lights are the best I've ever experienced.
I'm sure you'll like the car.
Barry

SportsCoupeRich said:
or maybe a cayman if they are reasonable by then....

Don't hold your breath on that.

Unless it's a white Cayman like I saw this morning. Yeeuucchhhh. I just hope it was on it's way to the Middle East.

Congrats on the C209. I'm sure you will be very pleased it - but then I'm biased :D

Good luck with the CLK - i hope you enjoy it, mine lasted 5 months before i had to get rid as the thing bored me to death with the lack of driver involvement. Was great if you wanted to just waft along on the motorways and A roads for hours on end tho.

I've never looked back since, now on my second Boxster and loving it :D

fuzzer said:
me too , i really like white cars.

i can't understand why no one likes them :crazy:

And me... had three of them so far, will probably have another.

Saw a new shape A4 cab in white outside a bar in manchester last night, looked great.

Porsche's in white are even better, something very *motorsport* about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom