So this happened finally

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DannyHall

Car
C63 Premium
Finally managed to get through the running in period.

The journey home from the Trafford centre was a lot more fun than the journey to yesterday! All under the speed limit, obviously.

The noise it puts out for a little 2.0L is fantastic!

Perhaps a little early for a full review but loving it at the minute.

Slightly rough on the ride around town but the 350 mile round trip this weekend was fine and i enjoyed the drive rather than wishing my way home!

Will post a review after the next 1000 for anyone who may be interested, if anyone!

Managed 31 mpg on the way down with my right foot being as best behaved as possible yet managed 37 on the way home with half of the journey being in Sport Mode?

Dan

Attachments

• image-3375483558.jpg
    image-3375483558.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 113
Don't forget to update your profile.

Good to read an update from you Danny. I'm guessing now you've done the 1000 you can relax now and occasionally give it full beans.

I hope you've no regrets and still adore the car. Must be a nice feeling starting up every day.

Yes. The weather yesterday was really bad. Sunshine today here, although such a sad day for the people of Cumbria (yet again)

Take it easy Dan.

Ant.

Yeh the weather hasn't been the greatest for my official run in but other people have obviously been affected more than me!

Words can't describe how happy i am with the car at the moment and glad i finally threw caution to the wind and opted for the AMG!

Will keep the forum posted on any updates i do with it although at the moment i'm really just enjoying sitting in the drivers seat!

Dan

Would like to hear your opinion of this, once you give it some. They are supposed to be a real hoot ! In fact too much for someone I know, he took his back saying he `couldn't` handle it ` !! Is it right that it is the most powerful bhp/tonne that MB have ever made ??

........or is that the A45 ?.......

Yes, my girlfriend definitely took the photo!

As for the power to weight ratio i do believe it's true, the A45 coming in at only 30kg lighter so on a technicality, that's actually got the most!

Only done 300 miles since the 1000 but it's ridiculously quick for me! Especially coming from a C200K!

It's very rapid from low speeds and really does pul your neck back. Haven't really done any high speed tests but look forward to seeing what it's got!

The handling is fantastic, I actually feel the safest i've ever felt in the car. Thinking about taking to the track to get the full potential!

Had an email regarding the AMG driving experience you get complimentary from buying an AMG from Mercedes, is this worth doing?

It's based in Surrey as most of you will know which means it's around a 4 hour drive from me!

Glad you are enjoying now run in.
Its great to have a car that makes even tedious drives enjoyable!

I go out for a blast in our C63 just for the hell of it which not something I've wanted to do in a car for a while.

Keep the updates coming as it is a model I may be tempted by.

Is it right that it is the most powerful bhp/tonne that MB have ever made ??

No where near - sorry

CLA45 381hp in 1585kg = 240hp/tonne

A45 381hp in 1555kg = 244hp/tonne

SLK55 421hp in 1610kg = 261hp/tonne

S65 (big tank) 630hp in 2250kg (!!!) = 280hp/tonne

C63 S 510hp in 1730kg = 295hp/tonne

E63 S 585hp in 1870kg = 313hp/tonne

SLS Black 631hp in 1550kg = 407hp/tonne

So to be exact = 60% the power to weight ratio of the best.

The GLS63 is only 227hp/tonne if it helps.

BTW - this doesn't mean it is bad car - just facts on weight and power.
I love the CLA45 and would certainly drive one too.

Last edited:
I didn't realise the A's were quite so heavy.

There would be demand you would think for both BMW and Merc to do paired back stripped down raw versions of M and AMG (smaller ones) with considerably less weight for those who want the racier track day oriented experience.

No where near - sorry

CLA45 381hp in 1585kg = 240hp/tonne

A45 381hp in 1555kg = 244hp/tonne

SLK55 421hp in 1610kg = 261hp/tonne

S65 (big tank) 630hp in 2250kg (!!!) = 280hp/tonne

C63 S 510hp in 1730kg = 295hp/tonne

E63 S 585hp in 1870kg = 313hp/tonne

SLS Black 631hp in 1550kg = 407hp/tonne

So to be exact = 60% the power to weight ratio of the best.

The GLS63 is only 227hp/tonne if it helps.

BTW - this doesn't mean it is bad car - just facts on weight and power.
I love the CLA45 and would certainly drive one too.

Ahhh.

Maybe what I heard was `in it`s class` ?? i.e. Hot Hatch ?

Steve

Is it right that it is the most powerful bhp/tonne that MB have ever made ??

You're thinking of the most BHP/L, and I think that is or at least was for a brief period a record across the car industry for production vehicles.

You're thinking of the most BHP/L, and I think that is or at least was for a brief period a record across the car industry for production vehicles.

Actually mate, I think you are right. Still, it`s a pretty cool record to hold...:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom