so this i brought......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

westside

Car
BMW E60 545 fully Hamann'ed up!
a 03 200k C class

AVANTGARDE SE AUTOMATIC , 2003 03 Reg , 27,000 miles, Dark Blue Metallic with Black Leather. ...ONE FORMER OWNER....ONLY 27K MILES WITH FULL MERCEDES SERVICE HISTORY!!!.....CLIMATE CONTROLLED AIRCON....REAR PARKING SENSORS....17" AMG Alloys, PHONE KIT.....Power Steering, Electric Windows, Remote Central Locking blah blah blah

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=270964390

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=270964414

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=270964436

Now the computer showed a error code but I wasn't sure how to find out what it was so I have asked them to look into it hopefully its something minor, its looks black but is actually a funny purple colour and the drive is nice (but a tad harsh even by my standards and my bmw is running koni shocks and eibach springs)

The mods i have planned so far are

Xenon headlights :rock:
K and N element :bannana:
Live remap :devil:

Now i didn't get a chance to have a good poke round the engine so where is the air element on theses cars? I'm sure i'll be able to find it.

I'll post up somepics one i get it home next week and give it the meguires 3 step polish/wax and find out who offers the xenon kit with the built in resistor to stop the compuet showing a fault :)

Colour looks like tanzanite or something, nice colour :)

Looks very close colour to the Nissan midnight purple. Very nice car, hope you have lots of fun with it.

good stuff. the 200k engine is really fun and feels a lot quicker than it really is...must be the 'odd' power delivery!!!

One thing - the K&N filters tend to be really bad for MBs, from what i've read, so you may want to consider a stock MB upgrade? Maybe the airbox from the C55?

SportsCoupeRich said:
good stuff. the 200k engine is really fun and feels a lot quicker than it really is...must be the 'odd' power delivery!!!

One thing - the K&N filters tend to be really bad for MBs, from what i've read, so you may want to consider a stock MB upgrade? Maybe the airbox from the C55?

ahhh really i didn't know that any idea what the problem is with the K and N ?

You might want to try a green cotton air filter instead, apparently less likely to eat the MAS.

mmm ok i'll get the green cotton one or maybe just leave it and get the remap done

Congratulations on your purchase... :)

When you get the car look at the driver side door frame/panel and there will be a sticker that will have the paint code on it (3 digits long) and we will then know the exact colour... :)

Are you going to get the OEM "Bi Xenon" headlamps or some some conversion kit?

Flash i'll be buying a after market kit I have fitted loads to BMW's so its not a problem I just have to check what the bulb holder is like and what bulb it uses i.e. H7, H1 etc etc I also need the correct ballast so it doesn't trigger of the check control, once i have sorted i'll buy the kit and do a write up :) i may also fit xenon fog light kit but thats only if i feel flush i'm excited having another car to mod lol

no worries i'm on the case I have found a company that supplies HIDs for the mercs and over comes the check control, i just need to see if the mercs standard bulb holder is a conventional one like the W202 or different anybody know? I haven't got the car yet so I can't tell :mad:

westside said:
no worries i'm on the case I have found a company that supplies HIDs for the mercs and over comes the check control, i just need to see if the mercs standard bulb holder is a conventional one like the W202 or different anybody know? I haven't got the car yet so I can't tell :mad:

Westside

Pardon my ignorance,:confused: what do you mean when you say overcome the check control?

Vips said:
Westside

Pardon my ignorance,:confused: what do you mean when you say overcome the check control?

i think he means that after his xenon mod, the onboard computer wont say the bulb is blown.....

WestSide - looks a nice car m8, good luck with those mods

Yup silver your right, on the BMW after 2001 if you fit Xenon headlights the OBC tells you that both bulbs are out due to the Xenons drawing less current, I am assuming the Merc is the same thus I want to do some homework b4 buying the kit, I'm sure it will be of use to other people who are maybe looking to do the same but are not quite sure what to do.

A stealership can tell the computer that xenons are present...

westside said:
Yup silver your right, on the BMW after 2001 if you fit Xenon headlights the OBC tells you that both bulbs are out due to the Xenons drawing less current, I am assuming the Merc is the same thus I want to do some homework b4 buying the kit, I'm sure it will be of use to other people who are maybe looking to do the same but are not quite sure what to do.

I didn't get any probs with this when i retorfitted Xenon lights on my SL. I did hear about it being a potential prob, but mine was ok.

KLP 92 said:
I didn't get any probs with this when i retorfitted Xenon lights on my SL. I did hear about it being a potential prob, but mine was ok.
Same goes for my W202 HID upgrade.

The 129 SL is old-school like the W202 and has no such issues :)

i fitted a set in my family c180 1997 and that threw up the light in the dash telling me that the bulb was out, anyway where soon find out

westside said:
i fitted a set in my family c180 1997 and that threw up the light in the dash telling me that the bulb was out, anyway where soon find out
Ahh, my mod was with factory items which probably correct the differences usually picked up by the bulb failure warning system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom