So today I went to visit....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mambo

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 535d Sport, Mini Cooper Convertible
...the nice chaps at DMS :D

13122005120_small.jpg

What do I think or the remap?

Well on my way home (via my private test track of course :rolleyes: ) I managed to get the traction control light flashing at around 100mph :D :D :D

Nuff said :rock:

sounds cool!!! :rock:

SportsCoupeRich said:
m.o.r.e. i.n.f.o. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds fun fun fun mambo me chum!

What more can I say, it's AWESOME. I've only driven it back from Andover to East London but I can honestly say its super quick now, a lot faster than it used to be. It just pulls and pulls and pulls :rock:

fuzzer said:
:eek: did you go for the full 335 ? :eek:

Yep, full 334. That's the official quoted number, but I have read posts on some BMW forums saying this is a conservative estimate and the real figure is significantly higher. It's quoted low so as not to annoy BMW too much :D

Give us ALL the DETAILS Mambo.

do you have any concerns about whether the increased power and/or torque:

(a) invalidates BMW's warranty;

(b) causes accelerate/abnormal wear on the engine/gearbox/drivetrain?

Sounds amazing though!

I want a superchipped diesel too :)

Mambo said:
What more can I say, it's AWESOME. I've only driven it back from Andover to East London but I can honestly say its super quick now, a lot faster than it used to be. It just pulls and pulls and pulls :rock:

Yep, full 334. That's the official quoted number, but I have read posts on some BMW forums saying this is a conservative estimate and the real figure is significantly higher. It's quoted low so as not to annoy BMW too much :D

C43AMG said:
Give us ALL the DETAILS Mambo.

The full road test comes this weekend when I am driving up to Manchester with my mate in his 997 Carrera S. Will report back on Monday :D

Initial feeling is that it's a LOT faster than before, it's very difficult to explain, it seems a lot smoother than before and gives you that kick in the back regardless of what speed you are at :D

C240Sport97 said:
do you have any concerns about whether the increased power and/or torque:

(a) invalidates BMW's warranty;

(b) causes accelerate/abnormal wear on the engine/gearbox/drivetrain?

Sounds amazing though!

I want a superchipped diesel too :)

From everything I have read on the web the remap is undetectable by BMW ;)

Last edited:
Are you missing the C43 Mambo ?

damn these diesels!!!!!

Sounds awesome mate! you are going to have to do a maff and record the animal in action!

Why do i suddenly see an increase in bmw 5 series diesel ownership very soon!!!

C43AMG said:
Are you missing the C43 Mambo ?

Not anymore! :D

mobeyone said:
damn these diesels!!!!!

Sounds awesome mate! you are going to have to do a maff and record the animal in action!

Why do i suddenly see an increase in bmw 5 series diesel ownership very soon!!!

I'll get a video of the acceleration this weekend ;)

And there was me thinking that a 535 would be plenty quick enough.

I know what you mean about it being smoother - that's how I find chipped diesels. If you look at the torque curve it will be a much smoother line without the peaks and troughs that you (inexplicably) get from the factory settings.

Just watch your fuelling rate though, although this will be disguised by your particulate filters - they may need replacing sooner.

Mambo said:

Your car, your decision, and I'm glad your happy.

I would be very surprised if the manufacturer cannot detect this change.

When we had a problem with a Mercedes we once owned an engineer from Mercedes-Benz Technical came down with a special computer that spewed out reams of A4 sheets of information all about the vehicle. It will not be a simple case of removing the chip. The information will be recorded, especially on such an excellent, modern vehicle.

I look forward to reading more about your 'road test' ;)

Good luck,
John

How much up is 334 on standard?

Did you NEED to go to DMS or could they have done this by their mobile service?

GrahamC230K said:
How much up is 334 on standard?

Did you NEED to go to DMS or could they have done this by their mobile service?

I think standard bhp is around 272bhp.

I went down to Andover as the 25% off offer I had was only valid if I went to them. They can come to you, but they charge the full price if they do.

Going there gave me a chance to test it out on the way home so I am happy :D

How much did it cost and does it invalidate your insurance?

neilrr said:
How much did it cost and does it invalidate your insurance?

£750 all inclusive. I told my insurance company before getting it done and they only increased my premium by a small amout (even with the increase in premium the 535d is still cheaper to insure than the C43 :D)

Last edited:
Mambo said:

I think you will find that it's actually very easy for the technician to find out, but only if they suspect something, otherwise they wont be looking for it. Thats according to my mechanic.

But it does sound awesome and I would probably take the risk if it's a quick as you reckon :D

marcos said:
I think you will find that it's actually very easy for the technician to find out, but only if they suspect something, otherwise they wont be looking for it. Thats according to my mechanic.

But it does sound awesome and I would probably take the risk if it's a quick as you reckon :D

Well , the 535 i drove had me pinned to the seat , goodness knows what mambos is like now :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom