So what happens to dead car batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A more thorough look at the same topic from 11months ago:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As a channel, Fully Charged can sometimes be a bit of a platform for Rob L to rant, but equally, sometimes they do some genuinely good stuff.

"Nissan, for example, is now reusing old batteries from its Leaf cars in the automated guided vehicles that deliver parts to workers in its factories."

That's just delaying the problem ... they are still going to die at some point :doh:

"Nissan, for example, is now reusing old batteries from its Leaf cars in the automated guided vehicles that deliver parts to workers in its factories."

That's just delaying the problem ... they are still going to die at some point :doh:
The raw materials will still be present and availabile for extraction and reuse. As long as the process can be done in an energy and cost efficient manner, without itself creating toxic waste as by product(s), maybe there is hope.

For me the jury is (should be) still out, but it’s clear that we will not be able to rely on fossil based transport fuels indefinitely. The challenge is still having an oil industry, because we are still going to need oil-derived products for a very long time to come. Scaling back will inevitably drive up unit costs. Plus what the heck does one do with all the by product (fuel)?

A more thorough look at the same topic from 11months ago:

Nice more in depth video indeed. What I have learned from working with Germans is that when they say that something is "interesting task" it means "it is possible but it will be very difficult to achieve and it will cost a lot"

Additionally, how many can they possibly need.......

Actually there's as a lot going on behind the scenes, even little old me sees opportunity "knocking on the door over here in Yankeeland " in my entrepreneurial mind & spirt .
Really don't look to the Germans for guidance, (ref video) why not look to Brits to seize the moment ?.
For starters here's some bedtime reading matter, if you are not already distracted in the sack ! 👿
Tuercas Viejas

This gives a good idea of how these non coolant battery modules are made up using cell pouch technology--- its good- but you may slip into a coma half way thro!
upgrades

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom