• Travel separately

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Try to educate Dave that he's being a d!ck in the hope he will listen

Votes: 38 71.7%
  • Throw his phone out of the window

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
This is my mate Dave - a nice guy who does some valuable work for me.

This is a regular occurrence in my mate Dave's car.

What would you do?

This was yesterday on a dual carriageway at about 45mph.

Last edited:
Ah...and now there's a pic...bin him.

I think an even bigger crime is driving a French car. Maybe if you introduce him to a German vehicle with Bluetooth it can read his texts for him and reply with voice control.

I reckon at least 25% of drivers are looking at their phones during the morning commute judging by what I see cycling in each morning.

I don't think you will be able to stop him smoking totally but you could say that he shouldn't while carrying passengers.

Until I saw there was a poll I was going to say to get him to change his pullover for one that hasn't got snot all down the front of it.:D

I reckon at least 25% of drivers are looking at their phones during the morning commute judging by what I see cycling in each morning.

I agree - especially at the lights, however, that's a texter's thumb you see in action there :(.

Pay him less.

Embassy cigarettes cost a fortune these days.

can the stereo be upgraded to a txt to voice version, or a bluetooth version? take the value of this from his pay

I see this everyday round my way and it really p!sses me off. Only the other day a bimbo texting almost ran into me, and don't get me started on those who do it driving!! :D

Seriously, if he's a good enough mate and has a few brain cells, let him know it's not on and you'll have to go in separate cars if he keeps doing it.

I see this everyday round my way and it really p!sses me off. Only the other day a bimbo texting almost ran into me, and don't get me started on those who do it driving!! :D

Seriously, if he's a good enough mate and has a few brain cells, let him know it's not on and you'll have to go in separate cars if he keeps doing it.

He's very bright and very stupid in equal measures.

He doesn't listen to reason though.

He's very bright and very stupid in equal measures.

He doesn't listen to reason though.

Time to find a replacement in that case. I can deal with stubborn and daft to a degree, but when there's a fundamental lack of common sense it's time to move on.

Last edited:
have a word, be objective and say that you don't feel safe travelling with him when he's doing that, and it'd be shattering for both your families if you were involved in a serious accident because of it

or, next time he does it, ask him to pull over and stop the car, then hop out and tell the t**t to f**k off

:D

Pretty sure some of the Parrot kits read texts.
Lots of other advantages like music streaming too, so it might be time for a generous Christmas present.
I'm sure the cost could be recouped over time by some extra negotiation on price for some of his work.

He's not reading, he's typing Ted.

If you decide to replace him the problem is there is a high chance his replacement could be just as bad. The only way he will realise is either by going on an awareness course or unfortunately when he has caused an accident

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom