So when was the last time this was serviced?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vlad

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various Mercs come and go
Had to laugh...we had a 2004 Renault Grand Scenic come in as a Part Exchange a couple of days ago with 78,000 miles on the clock and full service history.

So I get the mechanic to give it a service and this was the state of the air filter.......highly unlikely that its ever been changed in 9 years and 78,000 miles as typical of Renault, they put it in a stupid location, ie behind the battery, which means that you have to remove the battery just to get to the air filter and I suspect that most garages can't be bothered with the hassle of losing radio codes etc etc.

Last edited:
It was only when the ServicePlus scheme finished on my car, at 6yrs old, that the dealer would give me copies of the service invoices and they showed the air filter had never been changed. Or if it had, they'd never charged for it.

On the other hand, they billed for the fuel filter on two consecutive services. Did they change it twice - who knows?

I had the same. I was in the process of buying my company van (renault vivaro) full renault history, discs all round had not been replaced when they had billed for them they had only fitted the pads. Disgusting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom