So who sat on the Evoque...??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
...more to the point, why?

...it looks as if it's been flattened by a giant frying pan...

...style? do me a favour.

...reminds me of the old Honda HRV, but the Honda didn't get squashed...:dk:

They'll be selling like hot cakes. I guess you just don't like that flavour of hot cake then.

Well Victoria Beckham was involved in the design and I would not make too big a fuss if she were to pull up my face and take a seat.

I have to say I quite like it. It has a concept car look about it. It also seemed to fair well on TG the other night. It is a big change from the slab sided traditional Range Rover look.

I really like them - Problem is I like the one that costs £40k so I think I'll have to wait 5 years.

Think it looks great and will be another commercial success.

Let's hope it sells well. It should do its bit for Britain’s economy.

I just looked at one as the Volvo is due for a change and if I order now I can have it the second week of February :D Apparently they has a massive ammount of pre orders and backlog to work through.

Erm, I rather like it...and I'm pretty sure it will sell well.

I'm sure Mrs Jonm would love one, but it will need a rear view camera...I'm assuming it has one..its going to be like looking through a letterbox out the back.

'bout 18000 pre orders at the moment I understand.

Erm, I rather like it...and I'm pretty sure it will sell well.

I'm sure Mrs Jonm would love one, but it will need a rear view camera...I'm assuming it has one..its going to be like looking through a letterbox out the back.

Precisely...why would you want to do that??:wallbash:

Looks great, 18,000 pre-sold and it has real off-road capability. One of the few cars in recent years that has gone from concept to production reality almost undiluted, and it stays true to the Land Rover brand values as opposed to being just a vacuous styling exercise.

If only Land Rover could have thrived without being under foreign ownership.

If Victoria Beckham had anything to do with it; it's not worth the price!

...aagh, i get it now...it definitely has the dour, sullen look of a jumped up pop prima donna...and i believe her body style has been flattened somewhat recently. :bannana:

(ps: i'm sure the evoque has a lot going for it - it's just that IMHO the styling makes no practical sense - a triumph of promotion over style, dutifully lapped up by LR nuts and the hyperboling motoring press. Still, it's selling well so we can look forward to seeing loads of Victoria Beckham clones on the road...:))

Last edited:
Driving through Chobham yesterday and saw about ten of them, some in convoy. Press day, I guess?

If Victoria Beckham had anything to do with it; it's not worth the price!

She's an experienced developer of engine management and transmission software, and dabbles with suspension geometry in her spare time, though in this case she probably just chose some colours from a chart.

They're plenty big enough inside.

Me and my brother are both 6'1. We were able to sit behind one another in the drivers seat and the one directly behind. I had sufficient headroom, the show car had the panoramic roof fitted. This roof is really really nice, and only £400 ! A pano roof from BMW or Merc is nearly a grand!

It wasn't overly spacious of course, but with the light coloured leather and pano roof, it was a very pleasant place to be. I can imagine with a dark interior and solid roof, then it would feel a little cramped.

My bro is deciding between the 5 door Evoque and a new X3.

Yup, the old X3 is heinous. It's one of the few BMWs that I really have no time for.

Luckily, the new one is very pretty indeed, and is really good to drive and very efficient. It's also noticeably and usefully bigger on the inside. On the test drive I really didn't want to give it back. More importantly, my brother's wife likes it, she's the biggest stumbling block to any new car. Poor bugger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom