So who sat on the Evoque...??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
timk said:
Looks great, 18,000 pre-sold and it has real off-road capability. One of the few cars in recent years that has gone from concept to production reality almost undiluted, and it stays true to the Land Rover brand values as opposed to being just a vacuous styling exercise.

If only Land Rover could have thrived without being under foreign ownership.

X2 its a car I could really see me buying once prices drop. Spacious enough nice to drive safe. Just hope its reliable

I think it looks great, at least it is doing something new, unlike the German brands.
New ML.....is it new or a facelift?

New Audi Q3....sure it's a new model, looks just like a Q7 or Q5, maybe they do just use a Q7 for press shots and stand further away with the camera each time?

BMW X3 ....I just found it a nothing car, not as comfy as the Merc and the handling was dumbed right down, sure it is BMW trying to appeal to the masses, but people bought BMWs because of the way they handled and despite the badge, I do think they are loosing the plot in many areas.
I am sure the X3 would be a car that after a month you would start to think about your next car.

Evoque....It looks fresh and funky and you would never mistake it for the Disco or the Freelander, nice to have proper model variations.

Shame it's not a teeny bit heavier, and there's not a six cylinder engine option for towing - maybe deliberate to keep Disco sales buoyant.

gIzzE said:
I think it looks great, at least it is doing something new, unlike the German brands.
New ML.....is it new or a facelift?

New Audi Q3....sure it's a new model, looks just like a Q7 or Q5, maybe they do just use a Q7 for press shots and stand further away with the camera each time?

BMW X3 ....I just found it a nothing car, not as comfy as the Merc and the handling was dumbed right down, sure it is BMW trying to appeal to the masses, but people bought BMWs because of the way they handled and despite the badge, I do think they are loosing the plot in many areas.
I am sure the X3 would be a car that after a month you would start to think about your next car.

Evoque....It looks fresh and funky and you would never mistake it for the Disco or the Freelander, nice to have proper model variations.

Q3 got a glowing report in the press but agree the evoque is the one to get. I'll be viewing second hand prices with interest...

Q3 got a glowing report in the press but agree the evoque is the one to get. I'll be viewing second hand prices with interest...

I presume they'll drop like stone unless the build quality and reliability are infinitely superior to its stable mates

I presume they'll drop like stone unless the build quality and reliability are infinitely superior to its stable mates

Like with the Mini, if LR can make sure the perception of quality is there, they will hold strong residually.

If only Land Rover could have thrived without being under foreign ownership.

It think it would have..just a case of Ford in severe cash flow problems - not that LR was unprofitable and when you have to raise cash often the best bits have to be sold off as no-one will buy the rest.

So at a rough count, 14 of you give it the thumbs up, and one, whom you can ignore because he's got his coat and gone, doesn't! Has anyone else noticed that many MB drivers have a soft spot for Landies. Why is that? Sincerely, I hope that all of you who aspire to the Evoque manage to get into one and have a great driving experience.;)

Me? - ML or bust...:dk:

Has anyone else noticed that many MB drivers have a soft spot for Landies. Why is that?
I think it's because, in effect, Land Rover are the British version of Mercedes.

When I was in the market for a big-ish 4x4, the ML was the one for me, except that it wasn't available with 7 seats. Which, if you are looking for a similar 'brand' leads you to the Discovery.

I have a soft spot for them as I have had a Range Rover and it was a stunning car, with an interior that beats the pants of most Mercs today, let alone 8 years ago. I think they are well designed, decently built (mine didn't have any problems, but others do) and supremely capable off-road. And it's nice to buy British if I can.

I really think it is a major mistake for land Rover. The Range Rover I lust over but the evoque - no thank you! When I found out that Victoria Beckham was a 'style consultant' on it it all became clear why it is one wierd looking car! Why on earth would LR ask for her opinion?!!!!

With 18,000 sales before it has even seen the light of day, I'd wager that they'll sell all they can make.

With 18,000 sales before it has even seen the light of day, I'd wager that they'll sell all they can make.
And you know what as well, even if the Evoque turns out to be style over substance and it is crap as a 4x4 I don't care; it means the production line will keep running in Merseyside and it will create jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
With quite a few more spin-offs in the pipe line it's never looked so good at JLR.

They were advertising leasing at 350 per month but judging by their order books that will be going up!

So at a rough count, 14 of you give it the thumbs up, and one, whom you can ignore because he's got his coat and gone, doesn't! Has anyone else noticed that many MB drivers have a soft spot for Landies. Why is that? Sincerely, I hope that all of you who aspire to the Evoque manage to get into one and have a great driving experience.;)

Me? - ML or bust...:dk:

You are not wrong; had four LR's in the family at various times

Land Rover 110 12 seater - wife was a childminder
Discovery ES Auto
Freelander - daughter's second car
Freelander TD - new shape

All wonderful vehicles which gave years of good service.

I have now seen the light and bought the MB.

I really think it is a major mistake for land Rover. The Range Rover I lust over but the evoque - no thank you! When I found out that Victoria Beckham was a 'style consultant' on it it all became clear why it is one wierd looking car! Why on earth would LR ask for her opinion?!!!!

How can it be a mistake? It has been universally applauded by journos who have driven it, the orders for it are their best ever, and everyone I know thinks it looks amazing, from my 65 year old father to my 17 year old daughter.

Victoria Beckham helped them with some interior choices regarding colours and fabrics, nothing more than that. They wanted to appeal to the female market too I guess, as I am sure lots of owners will be female for this car, and as much as a ****ty typical land rover interior is good enough for many blokes, women do tend to think more about whether it is a nice place to be more than they do about power etc.

The Range Rover Sport was/is hated by RR die hards, the Evoque will probably be the same, thing you have to remember is these new models help the old ones survive.

Apparently the design of the this helped the interior design of the Disco 4 and facelift RR, which have at last made them pretty nice.
Before that they were adequate at best.

Victoria Beckham helped them with some interior choices regarding colours and fabrics, nothing more than that.

Well, you might like to think so, but it's a bit more than that actually - they're bringing out a Special Edition with HER name on it for God's sake!

Land Rover and the Queen of Bling?? Land Rover and a car for the girls??

They REALLY REALLY cannot be serious, can they?? They didn't even do that for Zara??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom