So you think your Merc's are fast....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope I don't end up next to one of those 900BHP Audi R8 V10s...

:fail

Who are the unreliable companies? I always wanted a b5 rs4. What are they like as daily drive?

They are superb. I've been lucky enough to have many cars including a few exotica and the B5 RS4 is such a great sleeper car. In standard form it is quick. Quicker than the B7 RS4, but a simple exhaust and map can give you 450hp quite easily.
The engine is built by Cosworth and there are a couple running around 700hp on standard internals, so just bolt on mods.
The twin turbo is awesome, real mountains of torque available which gives it the jump on most other cars. Launch at 6k with a sidestep of the clutch and a 620hp car will hit 60 in 3ish seconds.

Cannot stress how good they are. I bought my one for my Mrs and she said there wasn't enough room in it and 530hp was not going to be of any use,so I was going to get rid of it. I drove it and immediately fell in love with it.

If you're coming tomorrow there will be a few coming for the day so come and find me and I'll get you on board one :thumb: ......then get your cheque book ready... :D

I hope I don't end up next to one of those 900BHP Audi R8 V10s...

:fail

LMAO!! You can have a pop at anything you like!!!

On another point, we are coming up from Kent in the morning if anyone wants to convoy.

We will be at the Dartford Tunnel at approximately 6.45am.

Email me on [email protected] with your number if you want to come in convoy and we can sort out timings for meeting up etc. :thumb:

Yeah - that's what I don't want!

I would join the convoy but I can't guarantee I will be at the tunnel at 06:45am!

I will look out for the obvious group of Audis should I catch up.

I think it will be my next car. I would love to be coming 2mo but I thought no spectators where aloud, plus my car is in the mechanics at the mo and I think it would be a tad to slow for an event like this.

:wallbash: Well my new wheels never made it in time but have some nice new rubber on my AMF III's, alignment all checked today and tyre pressures set.

:wallbash: Another set back my new custom intake was custom made alright but not for my engine, could not close the damn bonnet.

Managed to scrounge and make a couple of options which I will test against the stock unit and my Needwsings CAI. :crazy:

Changed the oil and fuelled. Bags of ice in the freezer to help keep my temperatures down and finally sat nav set.

Yeah - that's what I don't want!

I would join the convoy but I can't guarantee I will be at the tunnel at 06:45am!

I will look out for the obvious group of Audis should I catch up.

We will probably be stopping for some brekky on the way up. There's not a crowd of us at the moment but feel free to email me with your number and I'll let you know what services we are munching in....!

I think it will be my next car. I would love to be coming 2mo but I thought no spectators where aloud, plus my car is in the mechanics at the mo and I think it would be a tad to slow for an event like this.

If you join Audi Addict ? An online community for all audi fans and introduce yourself, then keep an eye out for meets etc. They are a great bunch on there and will welcome you in. No doubt someone will live near you and will only be to happy to meet up or come to one of the meets and it will give you a better idea of the cars. There's simply tonnes of info and you'll soon et engrossed!!

Ah well - I was quite a bit later than planned in the end anyway...

What a great day - thanks for Craig and crew for their efforts.

The wind was quite something when your standing around chatting but the cars loved it.

Great to meet up with some of the chaps on here and from other forums. Great bunch on the whole.

Thanks to Marty359 for the multimedia effort - I have no real easy way of filming so your efforts are much appreciated by me and others I am sure.

Also thanks to Matt with the Ferraris - I got a passenger lap in the 599GTO I think it was. Unbelieveable thing - acceleration, gear change, handling and braking in a different league.

I don't think I bettered my Vmax time by much as there was quite a strong head wind today but we'll see.

My last run was through some interesting hail/sleet so that was a bit hairy at Vmax.

There was some crazy silver / grey Porker doing 2xxmph all day long and always seemed to be running when other stuff was too hot.

Nuts!

Looking forward to the vid.

Did the Merc boys acquit themselves well?

Yes I think so - wasn't a huge Merc turn out mind, unfortunately.

I think there was 4 of us but we'll see in the leaderboard where we ended up.

I think some of the smaller Audis struggled a bit with top speed so we may have done OK.

There was all sorts there in the end - BMW, Porsche included.

Great to catch up with everyone and nice to meet you John :thumb:

You had a run in Matts GTO? :D did you leave another foot print in the chequer plate to match mine :D

Great day but ferkin cold out there in the wind!!

And Matt if your read this there is NO WAY I would of left in that helicopter after the trouble it had trying to start :eek: NO WAY

Not sure if I met you Chippy but all the Audi boys were friendly, and thanks to Nigel for re arranging my insides with your 900bhp rocket :bannana:

Again thanks to Craig, Ricky, Chippy,the safety crew and everyone involved.

Deutsche Max - YouTube

Yeah likewise! :thumb:

Lol, I don't think I was too bad actually. Bit unnerving at first but I got into it when we slowed down for the first bend and I managed to relax for the straight. That car is awesome.

No - I forgot about that helicopter but it didn't sound healthy at first.

I saw the 'Coming Soon' clip earlier - can't wait for those...

Some fantastic piccys on FB !

That 9e is something else !

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming along and great to see the AMG's holding their own. I've had many AMG's and they still never cease to amaze me just how quick they are!!!

It was a superb day out and we were very lucky with the weather, only a five minute hail/snow/rain shower thingy....?!

As mentioned before there were some very powerful machines there and I managed to get a pax in all of them. Wow. Seriously quick cars....!! I got a 201mph in Leons Ruf CTR, a 203mph in Nigel's R8 and a 213mph (yes, two one three!) in the simply amazing 9E17!!! It was hitting that speed three quarters of the way down the straight and just sitting there on the limiter too!!

Leon did love some very very fast sideways action back to the grid too..... :O

We had a few casualties, but nothing major just some funny noises from a couple of cars but everyone had a safe return.

Anyway, thanks for those who attended and it was great meeting you. Sorry if I didn't meet everyone but we will be doing it all again in the summer time and this time I hope to actually have a car to do it in!!!

Nick

Nice Graham, I've got my onboard clip loading onto youtube so should be on by lunch.

The smoothest ride award goes to your rather nice Audi, no camera wobble on the clocks :)

Great footage Graham, what is the software/program you used there for capturing all the info, it looks great and is obviously very accurate.

Did you go fairly early as I was obviously looking out for you but must have missed you each time. I tried to get round as many people as possible but as you may have noticed yourself it was pretty difficult as everyone was everywhere all of the time!!

Great footage Graham, what is the software/program you used there for capturing all the info, it looks great and is obviously very accurate.

Did you go fairly early as I was obviously looking out for you but must have missed you each time. I tried to get round as many people as possible but as you may have noticed yourself it was pretty difficult as everyone was everywhere all of the time!!

A shame we didn't meet but I didn't know what to look for as you were not taking your car and there was never a dull moment - either driving, talking or something! I missed Ricky S too although I haven't any excuses as Marty did point him out :eek:

The kit is a Racelogic Video VBOX. Not a cheap peicve of equipment and requires a lot of prep work and effort (if you want a custom scene like mine) to get good results. I was very fortunate to have that loaned to me for the day.

Nice Graham, I've got my onboard clip loading onto youtube so should be on by lunch.

The smoothest ride award goes to your rather nice Audi, no camera wobble on the clocks :)

The footage will be very much appreciated Marty.

I did leave earlier than planned as my car through an EML light. Laptop out I confirmed it was just a misfire detection, which cleared and got me home without a repeat, but I thought that was my sign to call it day.

Another vid of me...

VMAX Deutschemax - Audi S4 B8 and BMW M6 - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom