So you want to visit Russia?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Err That would be a no. Interesting how the fly boys get in on the act.

So many dash cams to.

That looks seriously scary, especially when you consider how many of those, from that montage, appear to show the driver taking the footage having not done anything to put themselves in that situation! :eek:

(Discounting the fact that they're driving on Russian roads of course) :)

I blame over-inflated summer tyres for all those accidents.

Some shocking clips in there. There are too many where errant bits of crap (logs, wheels, bits of metal) find themselves colliding with another car - lethal!

I've never seen lightening strike another car before - assuming that was what it was and not a power line arcing.

I expect that you are wondering why so many people have in car cameras? Even though all vehicles have to be insured, insurance is not a very profitable business, partly because of driving standards, partly because of fraud. The insurance companies did not, the last time I looked, share information in the same way as they do in say the UK. It was the insurance companies who were behind moves to make driving violation penalties much much harsher. Believe it or not, driving standards have improved over the last 10 years. So, in order to back up their accident statements and to help determine fault, many drivers have such systems. Insurance companies make it very difficult for people to prove a claim. In 2007, I had to claim from off the other party's insurers on the basis of a police report which said the other party was at fault. It was the devil's business to get them to accept the claim and it took 3 months to process it and receive £900 to offset the £1,000 repairs.

Wow, now that is the country where you want a disposable car! :eek:

Truly frightening.

I spent 3 years in St Petersburg and would see one of these accidents daily. When you have an accident you have to wait upto 5 hours for the police to come and make a report. You cannot move a vehicle until they have been, no matter where it has stopped. Causing even more accidents Possibly the worst drivers in the world

I spent 3 years in St Petersburg and would see one of these accidents daily. When you have an accident you have to wait upto 5 hours for the police to come and make a report. You cannot move a vehicle until they have been, no matter where it has stopped. Causing even more accidents Possibly the worst drivers in the world

In my experience they are pretty quick in large cities - but consistency is not their strong point I agree. The police report (factual) is written up immediately and you are given a date to appear at the station for questioning at which point a decision is made as to who is guilty. Using the decision paperwork the not-at-fault party then claims from the at-fault party's insurers. I followed this procedure in 2005. And the Poles are worse than the Russians in my experience.

Better general clips.

[YOUTUBE]WD2Dhnu3tP0[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom