So you win the Lotto - what's your plate ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
P155 DFF (dammit, dff keeps going into lower case), you get the idea though...

For me it would have to be E36 AMG but since we're talking lotto here,might as well go E60 AMG to go with the car :D
Also D4 SHI would suit

I suppose you'd also want F4 NNY ?

Well, if you're playing that game, what about M1 NGE? :eek: Obviously only if your name is Nige and you drive a BMW M1. No other reason.

Last edited:
Am I right in saying that selling the plate provided some benefit? How much more benefit would it have provided had you held on to it while its value increased?

If bought well, number plates can be a pretty good investment.

It was an aged plate, previous owners initials (when mis-spaced) and it paid (at the time) for a months worth of petrol!

So it had no value to me, made any car it was on look like it was registered in 1983 and I needed to buy new physical plates to get it through MOT anyway, so I got it put back onto it's proper years plates.

That's how you pronounce 'funny' down south, so it's a plate with two meanings.....

Er, no its not. In the south we say 'funny' meaning something amusing. I understood that oop nooorth its pronounced as 'foney'. However '*****' is a ***** (girls name of course) wherever you go.

Er, no its not. In the south we say 'funny' meaning something amusing. I understood that oop nooorth its pronounced as 'foney'. However '*****' is a ***** (girls name of course) wherever you go.

Er, it's not 'foney'. That sounds like how Rene from 'Allo 'Allo would say it. If anything, the vowels are accentuated.

Every Londoner/southerner I've ever met substitutes most vowels for an 'a'.
Eg Sarf Landan, Maney, *****, Rarnd etc etc.

Er, it's not 'foney'. That sounds like how Rene from 'Allo 'Allo would say it. If anything, the vowels are accentuated.

Every Londoner/southerner I've ever met substitutes most vowels for an 'a'.
Eg Sarf Landan, Maney, *****, Rarnd etc etc.

Well Ive lived in the south most of my life and yet to meet anyone who says 'sarf' instead of south. Also, ive neaver heard anyone say 'acho' instead of 'echo' or anything like it.

Take Birmingham for instance. The accent there would produce 'monaay' instead of money. I respectfully suggest that you need to meet a broader section of the community in the south. Eastenders is certainly not representative of how the language is spoken in the south. Parts of London perhaps. Is Emmerdale representative of Yorkshire or Brookside representative of Liverpool?

I respectfully suggest that you need to meet a broader section of the community in the south.
Not going to happen I'm afraid.

I have enough trouble keeping in-touch with the people that I know in the South-East now, without trying to 'meet a broader section of the community' down there.

How I've described their manner of speech is exactly how my friends speak, I'm not having a dig at 'the South'.

Stepney, sort of East London area.

Why?

Because what you've described approximates to a very broad Cockney accent, which would make sense if the only Londoners/Southerners you know are Stepney born and bred. It's certainly not representative of London and the South-East in general, though.

It's certainly not representative of London and the South-East in general, though.
It was merely a throw-away joke.
Yet for reasons unbeknown to me it has been disected into where my southern acquaintances were born, I didn't think it'd be taken in the way that it has.

You learn something new everyday though....:rolleyes:

Note to self *must not make generalisations when discussing the wonderfully amazing south*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom