soft top care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nutrunner

Car
clk 320 convertible
hi all only just my 03 clk320 , so when im washing and waxing the car can i put demon shine foam & shampoo on the soft top or will it do damage, (ive treated the fabric with a cleaner & water proofer )

I don't know the answer to this but I always try and avoid getting foam on the soft top. The nature of foam as that I always get a little on there but I just spray it off very gently. In between cleaning with Renovo and re-proofing once a year all I do is gently vacuum any bits of and clean the windows.

I like you, was expecting a few more people to add some of the ways of cleaning the roof and the best treatment to apply afterwards.

I always shampoo my roof when i clean the car and use AG roof cleaner and protect every now and then.....Cant see it doing any harm just be careful when rinsing off with the hose.

Tony.

I just try and avoid spraying the roof when washing mine, and then I use the Autoglym roof clean and protector afterwards.

My roof is beige and quite grubby when I got it but a few scrubs each time I wash the car and then using the protector spray seems to do quite well.

thanks all, i think ill keep the shampoo off the hood , maybe a small amount of fabric cleaner in warm water with damp cloth to keep it clean , although cant see it doing any damage to the water proofing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom