soft top maintenance and proofing products

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dinoy

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes of course
renovo on of the suppliers of soft top maintenance products help reduce time waisted

Renovo ***Black Restore Kit*** Soft Top Canvas Cleaner & Reviver & Ultra Proofer | eBay

or just proofing

Renovo Vinyl protector 500ml soft top protector ultra proofer | eBay

for commerical use in qty

5 LITRE CANVAS SOFT TOP WATER PROOFER ALSO SUITABLE FOR BOAT COVERS & SAILS | eBay

and also for vinyl soft proofing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renovo-Vi...577?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f43dbee91

btw i having no relation with the product it was found readily available i sure members will add to this to become reference for products

Last edited:
I have been using Autoglym for my XKR soft top for 10 years and it's been brilliant. Recommend that - not expensive for the quality.

Stuart

2 "products" get recommended whenever this topic comes up - 1 is Autoglym as above, the other is Renovo - which I used 3 years ago when I bought my 968 cabriolet. Used all 3 products - cleaner, colourant and proofer, OK I seldom get the hood wet, but I've not re-done it since and the hood still looks good, so I would recommend Renovo!

AG twin pack for me. Although I usually find one product runs out way before the other!

Good product though and gives more than adequate protection.

I use Fabsil Gold. Tent waterproofer from Go Outdoors.

+1 for Renova:thumb:, use it on my SL roof...

Renovo if you need to restore the colour, fabsil if your just waterproofing.
No matter how much masking and prep you do the renovo gets everywhere. The fabsil is clear and a better waterproofer.

It's the Renovo colourant that gets everywhere, so if you don't mask up thoroughly and continually check drips onto the bodywork - and into drainage channels etc - you end up for the next xxx months finding spots of it and cursing the difficulty of getting it off when it's dry. Ask me how I know....

Fabsil gets the thumbs up from me.

Previous owner of my 968 cab used Fabsil - it's a good water proofer if that's all you need, I've used it on tents in the past. However, if the hood needs a good clean and recolour......

If anyone is interested i have a 2 1/2ltr tin of fabsil in the house if anyone is local to wigan and wants it.
I've not needed it since i sold the saab so its free to whoever wants it.

Good tip on the Fabsil, would not have thought of looking in a camping shop, what would you use to clean the roof first though?

I gave it a good scrub with soapy water paying special attention to the bits where there was some green mould. Good rinse off and allow to fully dry. Then vacuumed the roof.
The good thing with Fabsil is you don't need to mask anywhere off as it is totally clear and is absorbed by the roof fabric.

I gave it a good scrub with soapy water paying special attention to the bits where there was some green mould. Good rinse off and allow to fully dry. Then vacuumed the roof.
The good thing with Fabsil is you don't need to mask anywhere off as it is totally clear and is absorbed by the roof fabric.

Looks like a job for the summer then, if the roof needs to be dry before application.

Hard brush to get out the dirt - vacuum then lint roller gets out all the dirt/pollen etc..

Then wash and dry followed with Autoglym for me at the start of the "soft top season".

Repeat a couple of times a year? Sounds like it would take forever, but it's not too bad.

I use Fabsil Gold. Tent waterproofer from Go Outdoors.
Yes just done mine with fabßil gold brill stuff water rolling off

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom