Soft top protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geoffus

MB Enthusiast
Car
E250 AMG Sport Convertible, B200, Yamaha YZF R1, Suzuki 650 Bandit.
We had a bright dry day yesterday so treated the soft top to a coating of Fabsil Gold as recommended by another member. The 1 litre tin gave just enough for 2 good coats, a tiny bit was left for my walking shoes.
The results after today’s rain were impressive, hope it lasts.1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG

I saw that recommendation as well and bought a tin of Fabsil Gold but not got round to using it yet. I've previously used Renovo, 303 Aerospace and Carpro C-Quartz Hydrophobic so am interested to see how this compares. Anything that you needed to be careful about during application or that you'd do differently?

Marco

No, it was very easy, cleaned it first with mild trade valet cleaner and then several water rinses.
Left to properly dry, wiped off any debri then painted on with a large brush, cleaning off any splashes with a towel.
I let it dry for 4 hours in the cold sun and then covered it with plastic sheeting for overnight, next morning it was ready to go.

Really needs to be done in the summer so dries easier, but you never think about doing it when the weather is nice !

I used Gtechniq Smart Fabric for the soft top on my Ftype. Really good, water just lay in globules. I did have some drop on the rear deck just below the window, never noticed till the next day & it had dried to a clear glass like finish & hard as glass. Could not remove it. Luckily unless you knew it was there, you could not see it. Otherwise highly recommended.

Very impressive job .
Keep a damp microfibre cloth handy for any quick wipe up if you flick any on the glass .

I used Gtechniq Smart Fabric for the soft top on my Ftype. Really good, water just lay in globules. I did have some drop on the rear deck just below the window, never noticed till the next day & it had dried to a clear glass like finish & hard as glass. Could not remove it. Luckily unless you knew it was there, you could not see it. Otherwise highly recommended.
I have the same 👍🏻

Only trouble is now if it’s been raining and you leave driver’s window down loads of water comes in when you turn left 😁AB599515-2476-4834-8273-D65B78972ABA.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't turn left 👍 Thank me later☺️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom