Soft99

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone used this wax on grey cars?​

Yes, but the one for light cars. Used it regularly on my W212 which was in Palladium Silver (similar to Tenorite Grey) and also my W213 in Diamond White. I also used it a few times on my 190E which was Almandine Red and it worked well on that too.

It's a superb product, if you can get beyond the strong petroleum based smell it gives off. Yes, it takes a bit of work to buff off but it needs a bit more curing time than a standard wax. Worth the wait though as the finish is impressive, as is the time it lasts. Mine was still beading after a good few months.

I think that either the dark or light should be fine on a grey car. In fact, now that I've re-discovered mine again in the garage, I may just give the silver daily a go with it in the next day or two. Pointless doing the Mercedes as it's ceramic coated. :(

Attachments

• 20210325_165534.jpg
    20210325_165534.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 4
I've got the light one, dark one and metallic one. I buy too many. They are ok but I prefer G3 wax. Easier to use.

Fusso isn't straightforward to apply.. I prefer quick detailers these days.. quick n easy!

Fusso isn't straightforward to apply.. I prefer quick detailers these days.. quick n easy

Really keen to try this but at the moment it's between this and the Bilt Hamber double speed wax...

I've got the light one, dark one and metallic one. I buy too many. They are ok but I prefer G3 wax. Easier to use.

G3 is surprisingly good. Pretty sure bought some on your recommendation. It really is an easy product to work with. Sometimes use it as "topper".

Never heard anything but positive from Bilt Hamber buddy

It is a good product.

Anyone used this wax on grey cars?

Yes and it works well. Found it to work well on many of the darker biased colours.

Of the 3 listed items. Bilt Hamber is the one I would go with BUT it is solely because Fusso requires more focus/work.
If you get a chance - try Dodo Juice.

Its my go to, having tried many over the years. its not difficult to apply, just apply sparingly. It last a long time vs other waxes too. The light and dark has no difference, just a marketing tool.

I used the light version on my black car. I do like it. Easy on an easy off. Can be a touch dusty though. All depends how applied. A little goes a long way.

I’ve just used the soft99...it’s good but I left it too long so need extra time polishing off

Haven't tried it but I have heard it takes a bit to polish it off a member here put me onto a polish G3 easy on and off

Its my go to, having tried many over the years. its not difficult to apply, just apply sparingly. It last a long time vs other waxes too. The light and dark has no difference, just a marketing tool.

Quite a few differences

The different colours relate to the product hazing, making it easier to see on certain coloured paintwork

With regards to the light version, there are several versions of it. Each represented by the coloured gem/oval shape on the front of the tin. One of them is abrasive

To elaborate (had to find my post for this) Have since turned to using Kiwami instead ~

King of gloss -

Red label/white- soft paste wax and abrasive/cleansing! (solid white paint)

Yellow label/light- hard paste wax (white and light paint)

Green label/light and pearl- hard paste wax (white and light paint)

Blue label/dark- hard paste wax (dark colours)

I’ve since decided to go for their Kiwami Extreme Gloss wax instead, see the attached photo of the three versions of this which are also all different. I have gone for the silver tin/Kiwami light

Kiwami -

White tin: White pearl/White - soft paste wax

Silver tin: (referred to as Kiwami light) - hard paste wax

Black tin: Black - hard paste wax

Attachments

• 1A756D3A-6383-48BC-88EE-D9ACFD5E21B8.jpeg
    1A756D3A-6383-48BC-88EE-D9ACFD5E21B8.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 836D8C87-6A22-46E8-A068-FAA186B0C5C3.jpeg
    836D8C87-6A22-46E8-A068-FAA186B0C5C3.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: