Software update has messed up my phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neil beard

Car
a very average c350e
Hi all, wonder if anyone has any ideas that might help me please? I'm in a 2016 C350e, and I guess Mercedes has done a remote software update, because suddenly my car has started alerting me every time i receive a text message, and showing the message on the screen (never done that before).
Trouble is, it also seems to have screwed up my contacts. If I try to look up a number from the address book on the central screen, I used to see all my contacts to scroll through, but now i see only one contact. I can't make that one go away, and I can't see any others. Anyone got any ideas please? Thanks

Maybe unpair your phone, delete the contact list on the unit then re-pair and allow the contact list to upload again?

I had a letter/ email a few weeks ago about a remote update to the SOS system in my "C" class , might be linked to that.

I am not sure when Mercedes added the capability to carry-out 'over-the-air' software updates (as opposed to maps update), but I think it started later than 2016... I think it's unlikely that your pre-facelift W205 had the Audio20 or COMAND NTG5*2 firmware updated remotely. But I may be wrong....

Hi all, thanks for the comments, all helpful. I've fixed it. The car DID have software updated via Mercedes me a couple of weeks ago, and I guess that is what introduced the text message capability, as I've never seen it before and had made no changes myself.

However, the contacts issue was actually a phone setting that had some how got changed. In Bluetooth settings, under each connected device, you need to tick a box called synch contacts. For my merc, that box somehow got unticked. Ticked it again, and all fixed now. Thanks again folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom