Software updates W213

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

280merc

Car
CLK 280 W209 now W213
Hi, it appears that there are many software updates on the W213 but how does the owner know and get these updates? Safety recalls should notify the owner and then the dealer can carry ou the work but each time my car has gone to the dealer it has had software updates, not safety ones.
My question is can I simply take the car to a MB dealer and ask for any/all updates to be applied under the warranty?

At time of service, I always ask them for all the updates, maps, the lot.

At time of service, I always ask them for all the updates, maps, the lot.

Yes I will expect the dealer to update when service is due but I have just had the first service and the next one is at least 12 months away. As this is a new design I am sure there will be updates throughout the year. Perhaps I will just drop into a MB main dealer and ask if the car can be checked

Yes I will expect the dealer to update when service is due but I have just had the first service and the next one is at least 12 months away. As this is a new design I am sure there will be updates throughout the year. Perhaps I will just drop into a MB main dealer and ask if the car can be checked

The main one is the maps, if you have Comand online, and you get them free for the first 3 years.
I check on https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-navigation-disks/ to see what the latest are. Last year, the dealer didn't do the map updates, even though I specifically asked. So I complained, and the Service Manager came to my house and took it back in and got them done (it apparently can take a few hours so they don't fall over themselves to do it).

I have the "SOS Inoperative" light on at the moment, and I'll get them to fix that in the next service due in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom