Software upgrade resets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Last week I took my E Class in for the brake software upgrade.

This morning I discovered that my historic (i.e from new) records of miles, mpg & engine hours had gone and only dated from last week! Arrgh!

Odometer obviously still shows miles run and maybe the engine hours not a major thing, but I wanted to keep running unmolested a record of "whole life" mpg for my own information.

Any way to get these back? Basic data must be stored somewhere so that the service monitoring system can do its stuff.

I wouldn't have thought there was a way of getting this back as its a driver trip computer designed to be reset frequently.

:(

Oh well. At least it let me know that my mpg was improving and I was sad enough to write some of it down to start with. With very similar driving pattern averaged 27.8 over the first 1000 miles and then went through 28.4, 28.9, 29.1, 29.7 and 30.4 at 6000 miles which was the last one I recorded.

I last reset mine about 2000 miles ago, and it has averaged 38.1mpg since and I drive it pretty hard. 30mpg sounds pretty poor!

Cold starts, 5 mile journey to work through traffic, couple of stop-start journeys during the day and with only the odd motorway run during the week takes a toll.

Still, up to 32mpg average now and on longer trips just under 39, which is not too bad at all for any big auto estate. Dread to think what I would get if it were a 320 petrol! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom