Solarbeam C63 Black series ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

23 Romeo Tango

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
X253 GLC 250 || Aufrecht, Melcher, and Großaspach
....... with some lovely tunnel music.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looking at the owners Instagram page, he likes himself as much as his car.

Such a great, rare car ruined by eBay special edition badge, Nurburgring stickers which aren't the correct way up. Large AMG badges which are the wrong vintagre logo.

^ Agreed. I could even live with the colour. But the attached tat including the ridiculous wing is so naff.
Another example of money not buying good taste.
And I don't believe the IPE exhaust system is an improvement on OEM on the M156.

I just fast forwarded it to hear the sound in the tunnel

^ Agreed. I could even live with the colour. But the attached tat including the ridiculous wing is so naff.
Another example of money not buying good taste.
And I don't believe the IPE exhaust system is an improvement on OEM on the M156.

I think the attached “tat” is a genuine BS carbon fibre Aero Package which was a factory option at around £5.5k, not to be confused with free AMG “tat” you can get a AMG PL meet.

Not to everyone’s taste I know but in years to come the BS with the aero pack will probably be “the one people want” because it’s different and adds to the BS “track car” appeal. Looks as though it also has the factory option Recaro Pole Position bucket seats and back seat delete. The Solarbeam paint was around $15k and a “special order” if I’m correct.

The aero pack was priced at £6995.

Probably explains why it wasn’t that common an option choice. ;)

CA352163-A3-E3-4-BAD-92-A6-B83-C656-E784-F.jpg

EF0-AA04-D-F1-DE-4211-BA51-491-AC58-F8-BBF.jpg

It actually looks very good in the flesh and suits the car IMO. The problem is the lacquer seams to lift if there has been a stone chip and goes “milky”. I’ve seen a couple of BS C63 and both had issues with the carbon bits, this one wasn’t as bad as the other I’d seen but on a £90k car you expect it to be perfect , well I do :) Sales guy says they can re do the clear coat to fix it.

I think the attached “tat” is a genuine BS carbon fibre Aero Package which was a factory option at around £5.5k, not to be confused with free AMG “tat” you can get a AMG PL meet.

I do realise the wing is OEM Andy, but didn't describe that as tat. It was the other naff badging that Karl pointed out. Still don't like the wing. but appreciate some do. It's an awfully expensive option mind;)

That is right up your street Andy, they've even put a bike on the wall to show you how it would look in your Man Cave.

FWIW, if I was getting something as special as a BS, then the Aero pack would be a must for me.

That is right up your street Andy, they've even put a bike on the wall to show you how it would look in your Man Cave.

FWIW, if I was getting something as special as a BS, then the Aero pack would be a must for me.

Ritchy

It was very kind of them to be able to show me exactly how it would look in the garage ;) As you say if you’re having a Black Series you may as well get the full fat version :thumb: Time will tell if it does end up residing along side my bikes. The latest acquisition is in Selanite Grey with Solarbeam graphics. :)

9478398-B-F3-D3-43-F7-817-A-710-EB5709545.jpg

EFBF9524-95-AB-400-C-ABBB-D93067482-A30.png

2018 Mercedes-AMG C63 Black Series @ Top Speed

I’ve always wanted to see a W205 C63 in Solarbeam, not everyone’s cuppa tea but that’s got me heading for the kettle :) I believe the AMG Affalterbach Performance Studio will build anything you desire if you throw enough money their way, off to buy a lottery ticket ;)
A few years ago the Performance Studio price to change the colour of our ML was £20k. Retrimming seats and door panels was £10k, trimming all other interior surfaces was a further £10k. Not cheap but the quality of work is exceptional.

A few years ago the Performance Studio price to change the colour of our ML was £20k. Retrimming seats and door panels was £10k, trimming all other interior surfaces was a further £10k. Not cheap but the quality of work is exceptional.
@Bobby Dazzler thanks for the info. On the paint , regarding the colour , was the body painted the colour you wanted on the bare shell , or was it a repaint after production? The Performance Studio seems to be a bit of a “secret” operation and not well advertised by MB.

@Bobby Dazzler thanks for the info. On the paint , regarding the colour , was the body painted the colour you wanted on the bare shell , or was it a repaint after production? The Performance Studio seems to be a bit of a “secret” operation and not well advertised by MB.
It’s been a few years so there’s a possibility that they may have changed things since, but certainly back in 2016 they repainted after production, completely stripping out the interior and engine bay in the Performance Studio - it’s a complete colour change, so even if you pulled up the carpet then you would see the “new” colour. The finish is also better than factory.

You’re right it's not well advertised, and I think it’s deliberate.

It’s been a few years so there’s a possibility that they may have changed things since, but certainly back in 2016 they repainted after production, completely stripping out the interior and engine bay in the Performance Studio - it’s a complete colour change, so even if you pulled up the carpet then you would see the “new” colour. The finish is also better than factory.

You’re right it's not well advertised, and I think it’s deliberate.

Thanks for the info. If they “un build” the car to do the paint that would explain the high cost. It’s a pity MB don’t offer the same paint options as the “Audi Select” I think it’s called. For £2.5K on a TTRS you used to be able to spec almost any colour from the entire VAG paint selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom