Sold my C55 for £30000!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terrymcg

Car
W164 ML 320CDI
Ha never thought it would get that much!!

Not in UK though! Decided it was an opportunity not to miss on moving over to Australia. Put an ad on the Australian version of Autotrader, and it sold to the first person to come and see it!

So will be hanging up my MB hat and sticking the BMW one back on, as on Friday I am picking up a 135i Coupe....bit gay I know, however it is a rocket ship and has the pretty nifty DCT box in it. Also a tad better on the old fuel!

I am only using it as a stop gap until the C63's come down a bit in price, the cheapest over here is still just over $100,000!!:eek:

Hi Terry

Thats interesting to me as I am moving to live in Scotland, departing tomorrow in fact. I have been looking at car choices endlessly and would like to have a car or maybe even two that we can take back with us should we decide to return to Oz. Whats a c55 in the UK, GBP13-17k?

Was the importing process painless? What import taxes did you get hit with - 10% GST and 5% import duty? What was the actual shipping cost, l have heard ~5k.

I am looking at possibly a 997.2 Porsche 911TT and a Lambo for taking home should we return so understanding the costs and difficulties in doing so would be good info

Cheers
firthy.

Worth every penny!

It's ok Terry, sometimes you have to downgrade to upgrade, so downgrading to a 135i is ok for now... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom