Sold my CLK320...... A bit of a story.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MangoMan

MB Enthusiast
Car
2001 W208 CLK320 Coupe Almandine-Black. (Looks Purple-ish).
A few weeks ago I sold my silver 2001 Clk320 Avantgarde Coupe in the hope of buying a Convertible, (of the same model) - I've always wanted one - went to see a few, (costing a pretty penny on train fares!) only to find that either they were misrepresented in the advert or to find that the roof didn't work as well as it should... One chap picked me up at Bracknell Station and drove me to his place of work - some miles away - for me to realise upon checking a few things that all was not as they should be and politely telling him that, "Sorry, but it's not for me", and asking if him would be kind enough to drop me back off as I haven't a clue where I am as I've never been to Bracknell before?..... Only to be told - "You can walk mate"! Seriously! What a ****! Eventually found the station 35 minutes later.

Anyway, eventually gave up and bought a very nice one like I had before but with only 84000 mile, one owner from new, 2-Tone light blue Interior, electric memory seats, (driver) heated seats, front and rear parking sensors, auto-wipers and only rust on one wheelarch!

Also passed every MOT since I don't know when, all done at Mercedes.

The only thing that doesn't work is the A/C - no surprise there really - and I wasn't too keen on the alloys so managed to pick up a set of 17" Raiph Staggered Alloys off a CLK500 with good tyres for ONLY £80....!!! Just about bit his hand off!!!

This one feels so much "tighter" that my previous one - and in better condition and more toys!
And even after buying the other wheels I still paid less than I sold my other one for! Not to mention I sold the 16" wheels I took off for almost double what I paid for the 17's.... The Gods were smiling on me for a change!!!

The only thing I have added since having it is fitting the Aux Grille that I kept. ;)

All in all a Happy-Chappy"! :D:D:D:cool:

A couple of pics...

Thanks for looking.... (Especially as it's a boring "Old Model".... :p

I'm a big fan of the older mercs, that looks great... as said condition for a C208 from the pics is fantastic.

Had a 208 CLK320 myself a few years ago, it was about 4 years old at the time but not a patch on that one which you've got.

Lovely looking thing. :)

very nice.
Like the interior - very clean and a nice mix of colours
Engine bay has seen some attention - what's the V6 noise like

And parked up outside Halfords - stocking up on more cleaning products ;) ?

You're (very) local to me - see you around!

I perhaps shouldn't mention that my mate James just the other week bought a CLK 320 Cab , with MOT till next June , off a trader ..... for a hundred quid !!

Its a nice looking car , but has no service history whatsoever and has a gearbox issue whereby it will drop into second gear and stay there , unless you stop and restart .

Ive told him to get the codes read and as a first step to change the ATF/filter as its unknown when , if ever , it was last done .

At that price he can afford to buy another gearbox if push comes to shove .

The roof and everything else works fine .

The trader took it from this woman who had split from her hubby , whose car it was , and don't think he gave a lot for it either ....

Thank you all for the very kind comments - I am very much humbled considering the company here!

Surprisingly the Transmission Fluid and Filter was changed and they even fitted a new Sump! Also Spark Plugs have been changed, Steering Damper, Rear Springs, Cats. It only went to Mercedes Workshops. (I quite like the little Folder they put the Invoices in - very posh!).

Here is the MOT History - I hope it is readable?

But thanks again - much appreciated as I really do take pride in whatever cars I have.. It means a lot!.

Cheers, Bill.

OlGHJoQ.png

Well done. You got yourself a bargain there. Particularly like the interior:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom