Solid Black or Obsidian Black?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OCD BAL

Car
ML63 AMG
Any thoughts, ideas, opinions on which black is better? I'm looking for my next AMG purchase and really like the look of the deeper solid black but would appreciate any comments..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsidian! - depending on the light you get some great tones.

Obsidian...as said it sparkles nicely , I'm on my third...

Haven't had a solid to compare but certainly like our Obsidian, got a nice sparkle to it.

Not a fan of any black but if it had to be then Obsidian gets my vote too.

Interesting... An I the only one who thinks Solid black is better than obsidian? I know the obsidian hides fingerprints better..

And I know Obsidian has a nice sparkle to it but the solid black gives a much deeper shiny mysterious look..

I know the obsidian is more forgiving and the sparkles can be cool in the sun ...but it can sometimes look dirty (even when clean) in low light...

Obsidian for me too...

Obsidian.

I practice what I preach too!

Am I right in saying solid black shows swirl marks? Hence why most go for metallic?

Also wondering if solid paint on a fairly expensive model would effect resale values.

Am I right in saying solid black shows swirl marks? Hence why most go for metallic?

Also wondering if solid paint on a fairly expensive model would effect resale values.

Metallic blacks show swirls too unfortunately Ant

So many suggestions for obsidian..I am surprised.. but I guess the choice of black is a pretty personal one.. I still prefer the deeper shine of the solid..

Your motor so go for it. :thumb:

(Just be ready for the "it'd have looked better in Obsidian" comments when you post pics. :D)

I haven't finalised yet..I need to see one in the flesh first I suppose..

Depends what you want. If you're after the shiniest finish, go for solid. If you prefer sparkly, Obsidian.

All black cars show the dirt dreadfully. But when they're clean they're tremendous!

True BernardB, my neighbour has a Lexus RX in solid black and it really does gleam beautifully..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom