Somalia / kenya

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

A truly horrific situation for the family of the bereaved and the wife who has gone missing.

However would you seriously choose a holiday resort that boasts:

"6 armed police officers and 22 armed guards patrolling"

If that does not send warning signals - what does???

I think you ned to use your head and the facts available at the time of booking.

No- I went to Barmouth instead.

Somalia needs a good seeing to. We should go there once we have finished mending Afghanistan.

Why is there no Irony Emoticon?

No- I went to Barmouth instead.

Somalia needs a good seeing to. We should go there once we have finished mending Afghanistan.

Why is there no Irony Emoticon?

The Americans tried to sort Somalia out in 1993 and had one or two problems. Made for a great movie when Black Hawk Down came out a few years later.

A truly horrific situation for the family of the bereaved and the wife who has gone missing.

However would you seriously choose a holiday resort that boasts:

"6 armed police officers and 22 armed guards patrolling"

If that does not send warning signals - what does???

I think you ned to use your head and the facts available at the time of booking.

So how were 28 armed men overcome by the Somalians? :confused:

^ the old 'look up there, what's that?' trick as they all rushed past.
'Darn it, not again' said the armed guards!

Seriously though - awful situation and I just hope the poor woman's alive and unharmed and awaiting a ransom to be paid, but I fear the worst.

Somalia must be one of the most lawless places on earth.

No government and no structure.

Just a country of armed gangs.

That will be a tough nut to crack.

Perhaps a drone or two as a warning might calm it down....

So how were 28 armed men overcome by the Somalians? :confused:

Last night's news said that a worker at the resort had been forced to assist the adbucters (presumably at gunpoint). His inside knowledge would no doubt have helped them avoid detection.

How much aid does the UK give to Somalia?
Taken from the joke section on this very forum;

Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor people in
rich countries to rich people in poor countries.
-Douglas Casey

How much aid does the UK give to Somalia?

How is this relevant? Would we stop paying benefits to everyone in the East End of London because we found that some bank robbers are based in the area? I sense two different issues being conflated...

Brilliant, the problem is job creation here won't earn "call me Dave" any kudos as a statesman on the international stage.
The similarities between Cameron and Blair are breathtaking, not a principle between them, I've always been convinced either would have joined which ever major party was most likely to provide a powerbase and electoral advantage.

I understand Beirut is nice this time of year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom