Some advice neede.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

STUR32

Car
F10 M5 CP
My brother has a C220 CDI 59 plate, 100000 miles, serviced twice a year at Mercedes Benz.When he puts his foot down above 40 mph there is no power and the engine management light comes on. After pottering about for a couple of days the light will go out but there is still no power above 40ish.
So he took it to MB!!!!
First visit cost £100 and he was told there had been been a few fault codes showing and after cancelling them the car was now ok. Three miles down the road he had the same problem and the dash light came back on. He returned to the dealer and they said he would have to book it back in and they would have another look.
Next visit he was told the DPF was faulty and a new one would cost £800. He told them if that was going to fix the problem then fit a new one.
One week later he rang to check the work was complete and it was ok to collect. He was now told they had finished the work BUT they had found the fuel pump was broken and it is going to cost AN EXTRA £1000 to put the car right.

What do you guys think he should do?

Cheers Stu

Let your Brother sort his own problem so you can go to the pub for some cold ones ;)

Take the car, and get someone else to look at it

Diesel fuel pumps are indeed very expensive.

I should know, I used to contract for Delphi's diesel fuel pump factory and their design centre for well over ten years...

But this is just part of the high running costs of diesel cars, which will have been compensated for by the savings on fuel during the car's 100,000 miles.

Nothing wrong with a second opinion, but if it is indeed the fuel pump, then it will be an expensive repair.

You don't have to buy the pumps from MB ;)

I got my High pressure fuel pump from ECP, cost me £230. (270cdi)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom