Some advice/recommendation needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maxi4

Car
Not an MB right now :(
Hi all,
Were looking to get away (somewhere abroad) in October. So, its me, the wife and junior (4 yrs). We want to go somewhere warmish. Can the good people on this forum suggest possible options?

Cheers
Pete

Long haul or short haul?

I'm going to be in HK/China/Japan in October and the temps will be 25-30 :)

Short(ish) haul destinations could be Canaries, Cyprus, Turkey, Egypt, depends what you are looking for.

October in Sharm El Sheikh temperature during the day is just over 70 (in old money) and cool enough for a sweatshirt in the evening.

Sandy beaches mainly owned by hotels, and clean.

Good family restaurants as well as MacDonalds, TGIF, KFC etc.

Although it has had bad publicity there recently, (Shark attack/Bomb attack) it is a safe place to be. I have been there each year since 1993 when it was just one hotel and a lot of shacks.

Canary Islands?

In particular, Los Cristianos in Tenerife is a nice family resort.

Kefalonia - If you need a contact let me know. Was tehre about 3 weeks ago - fabulous weather, cheap car rental, beautiful beaches/coves etc.

Long haul or short haul?

I'm going to be in HK/China/Japan in October and the temps will be 25-30 :)

Short(ish) haul destinations could be Canaries, Cyprus, Turkey, Egypt, depends what you are looking for.

Were looking for short haul really. Dont want to spend a day travelling to/from location.
thanks for all the suggestions s far gents. Im thinking maybe canaries, will chek it out with with the other half later tonight online

Pete

Turkey will still be warm + reasonable prices outside the eurozone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom