Some bits not working W210 multifunction display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
I have a 2000 430te. Last service was the first not done by MB and the service light was not reset by the garage. I've tried the route in the handbook about scrolling through the multifunction display and holding the R button for 3 seconds etc but it never offers me the chance to reset it. Also when I check the oil on the display it just says perform service on time and shows no readout. I'm guessing the cause of the 2 are the same. Is there any way to reset the service indicator other than MB dealer or procedure in the handbook? I used to have a BMW and bought a service reset tool that plugged in the engine bay to reset - is there anything similar for my car? Am i just being silly - is this a 'welcome to W210 electrics' and I should live with it and wait for worse to come!
biggrin.gif

Cant tell you how as i just followed instructions in the handbook, to check oil cars needs to be on level ground and left standing for a period of time not sure how long though.

Being a 2000 you should still have a dipstick as well.

My handbook say 2 secs on r button then a message appears then press r to confirm.

Lynall

Last edited:
the service display may not be happy about the oil condition. i wonder if it was changed. you will have a dip stick so have a look see? should be nice and clean as it is a petrol.

the service display may not be happy about the oil condition. i wonder if it was changed. you will have a dip stick so have a look see? should be nice and clean as it is a petrol.

Thanks Alexander, you were spot on! Just had oil changed (amongst other things) and it has allowed itself to be reset. Previous service must've been, shall we say, moody?

Thank you very much.

Julian

happy days then. when is a service not a service? all too often sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom