Some **** clipped my car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Victim of a hit and run

At the time I thought it was just the wing mirror as the glass had come off and indicator lense on it ever so slighly chipped

Then when waxing the car, I saw the main damage... complete dent on right side rear quarter and door... absolutely livid right now

IMG_3412.jpg

Have contacted my PDR guy, but how can you get to the back of these panels?

Any advice appreciated... and links to online anger management courses haha :wallbash:

Last edited:
Saw the PDR guy work on my car - they are magicians.... they have a solution for every type of panel :thumb:

One method they can use is special glue that allows them to pull panels out then remove the glue without damage to the paintwork.

But the PDR guy will advise best.

Saw the PDR guy work on my car - they are magicians.... they have a solution for every type of panel :thumb:

One method they can use is special glue that allows them to pull panels out then remove the glue without damage to the paintwork.

But the PDR guy will advise best.

Any anger management advice?

What kind of c*** knocks someones car and runs away.. I mean what an absolute disgrace of a person... I need to get a dashcam asap

I feel for you, this is most frustrating.

I'm gutted for you Pal, hope you can get it sorted out without to much cost.
You could do with a dash cam fitted with motion sensor and it's own power source, so it can record when cars parked up.

Ben

Cheers guys, as you can imagine I'm fuming...

Oh well :( let's see how much this will cost haha

I had it done to mine and bought a glue gun kit from China which did the job great. I got it off ebay but if you don't want to wait you can get them from Uk suppliers for about a fiver more. They aren't any good if you have creases though but ok for dents

Some **** clipped my car.

Why did they sensor "chap"

Jokes aside. Sorry to hear, bloody frustrating. These things never happen to non car peoples cars. It's always us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did they sensor "chap"

Jokes aside. Sorry to hear, bloody frustrating. These things never happen to non car peoples cars. It's always us

So true mate... looks like at least £100 gone

These things never happen to non car peoples cars. It's always us

I posted on this a while back. There has to be some sort of law that applies to people who look after and worry about their cars?

It is truly sad that others feel it acceptable, or just don not even 'feel' to crash into somebody else's property and drive off.

I went to Halfords yesterday in the C55. Parked up in a part of the Car Park that was virtually empty, so no cars, either side of me.

Returned to my car to find an elderly gent trying to extricate himself from his car door, that was pushed up against my passenger mirror. I mean, it is ridiculous!! He actually could not get out of his car without extruding his chest through the smallest of gaps. Meanwhile there were three or four adjacent empty spaces, all offering full, door open, access with no hassle.

I had to ask him to stop and lower himself back into his seat so that I could move my car, to avoid it being damaged.

His explanation? "It's in a quiet bit of the Car Park"

I posted on this a while back. There has to be some sort of law that applies to people who look after and worry about their cars?

It is truly sad that others feel it acceptable, or just don not even 'feel' to crash into somebody else's property and drive off.

I went to Halfords yesterday in the C55. Parked up in a part of the Car Park that was virtually empty, so no cars, either side of me.

Returned to my car to find an elderly gent trying to extricate himself from his car door, that was pushed up against my passenger mirror. I mean, it is ridiculous!! He actually could not get out of his car without extruding his chest through the smallest of gaps. Meanwhile there were three or four adjacent empty spaces, all offering full, door open, access with no hassle.

I had to ask him to stop and lower himself back into his seat so that I could move my car, to avoid it being damaged.

His explanation? "It's in a quiet bit of the Car Park"

So quiet you could have smacked him one? Joke

I swear doddery and ignorant people seek out my car

A lady once parked parallel to me while I was sitting in the car, pushed her door wide open straight into my passenger door.

When I got out of the car to complain she just smiled at me, said "Sorry love" and rushed off.

Her own car was covered in small dings and it was obvious that she just could not understand what's the big fuss about a small dent.

Some people are just dishonest and refuse to take responsibility for their actions, but some really don't see the issue with having a scratch on the car.... :( and they see us, who complain, as being unreasonable.

Last edited:
A lady once parked parallel to me while I was sitting in the car, pushed her door wide open straight into my passenger door.

When I got out of the car to complain she just smiled at me, said "Sorry love" and rushed off.

Her own car was covered in small dings and it was obvious that she just could not understand what's the bug fuss about a small dent.

Some people are just dishonest and refuse to take responsibility for their actions, but some really don't see the issue with having a scratch on the car.... :( and they see us, who complain, as being unreasonable.

Said sorry though?

Some mystery toe-rag put a ding in the near side door on our SLK. When we parked it on the end of the row, it was on its own. When we came back to the car, it was on its own too. I'd cleaned the car the day before and the ding wasn't there, so it had to have happened where we'd parked up, but no idea who did it. Very annoying to say the least.

Said sorry though?

That she did. Though she was very dismissive - she made me feel like I was a miserable old git for even raising it.

My point was that many drivers simply don't care if their own car is scratched or dented (or their wheels are kerbed etc), and they just can't understand why anyone else would care about theirs.

That she did. Though she was very dismissive - she made me feel like I was a miserable old git for even raising it.

My point was that many drivers simply don't care if their own car is scratched or dented (or their wheels are kerbed etc), and they just can't understand why anyone else would care about theirs.

I know, was just saying she thought saying sorry made it all better, which it didn't. bless her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom