Some git's dinged Edna

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
while parked on York station car park over the past two days:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Am spitting feathers and fuming and blazing and and and..................

Nearside door panel - not massive but there nontheless. Ignorant so and so's:mad:

Sorry to hear about the ding. I suppose being parked for two days rules out any chance of asking about CCTV?

Even if your car was in range of a camera it would involve an awful lot of watching :eek:

John

if its just a ding can prob smart repair it.

if its just a ding can prob smart repair it.

ay - shouldn't be a tough one to repair - it's just the principle as ever. Why do people think it's OK to damage other people's property and walk/drive away!

John - CCTVs not an option - how would it prove that their door hit my car exactly where the mark is etc etc. Waste of effort.

What a pain in the....! It really frustrates me aswell!

:mad: I hate that, it must be something about stations, my father in law has had the front of his car hit twice now he needed a new bumper the first time and a new wing the second time...:eek: :(

As I was walking up to her I could see that a BMW parked up to her nose was very close. I actually thought he was touching her he was so close - but he wasn't - about 5 mm between. He had front parking sensors and there was no sign that he had touched her. I never saw the side thing until I was home and she's parked in front of the house. I just looked at her to smile and saw the ding.

York station is like most station car parks. Often I'll go and park in the standard car park as you can find better sized spaces - but the car park was full yesterday except for a few remaining executive spaces - one of which was mine so I picked the best of the bunch as it was. To be fair - the amount of time she spends in York station car park I'm lucky that this is the first ding. But if it happens again then I'll have to seriously reconsider how I get to York and parking as I don't see why my car should suffer for work. I sense taxi's coming back on the agenda!!

while parked on York station car park over the past two days

Oh dear, not good news :mad:.

Sounds like it's fixable in a reasonable way, so that's good news. :)

Unfortunately there are too many inconsiderate people out there these days. I've noted that most people don't seem to blink when they bang their doors in the car parked next to them. :crazy:

i hate these stupid people who do this whenever i open my car door im always carefull and open slowly. I actully have some dings myself and am still awaiting a cheap fix

:D use a hairdryer and liquid dry ice......heat the door for 30 seconds -- spray on the dry ice -- it will form ice - then as it melts should pop out the ding....

:D use a hairdryer and liquid dry ice......heat the door for 30 seconds -- spray on the dry ice -- it will form ice - then as it melts should pop out the ding....

Yes - I watched that video too!! Not sure about trying it on Edna though:crazy: :D

John - CCTVs not an option - how would it prove that their door hit my car exactly where the mark is etc etc. Waste of effort.
First off I agree because of:
a) Like I said... Time period,

b) If it is just someone opening there door against yours it would also be unlikely to capture it.

c) I was under the impression someone had actually driven into your car? Thank goodness I got that wrong.

Looks like 'ding' means someone bangs their door against your vehicle? :eek: :eek: Many apologies for making an incorrect assumption but boy I'm pleased I got it wrong. On the plus side, it could have been worse! :rolleyes: ;)

Fingers crossed the ding gets done and what goes around, comes around.

Chuck Berry has a different meaning for a 'ding' :eek: :eek: :eek:

Regards
John

Bang your door against their braincell a few hundred times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom