Some guy from germany with an S124...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WDB124092

Car
W124 E320 Estate
I introduced myself in the first thread i made, but i think it's apropriate to do it properly :D

Well, my name is David and i'm (obviously - see title :rolleyes:) from Germany. To be exact, from bavaria, but i am not a bavarian myself, i'm more a swabian myself, maybe that explains my connection to Mercedes :D

The first Merc i came in contact with, was a Bornit (don't know if that colour is named the same in the UK, some kind of brownish-purple metallic) 230E from 92 (one of the last ones build). My dad bought it 2003 with only 69 k km on the clock. As i turned 18, i surely got to drive it...and crashed it :eek::wallbash::crazy: Three rollovers...but i only got a little scratch on my right hand...the car didn't look THAT bad (fender and bonnet where dented, directly over the B-Pillar the roof had a little scratch, windshield shatterd), but as it turned out, the rear axle was bend and ripped of... afterwards we should not have striped it, could have been repaired :( It rained befor the crash and the road i was driving on, had a gras strip on the side. In a Bend i got on that gras strip, stayed on the gas, the car started to oversteer...at that point i had my driving licence only a few weeks, didn't know how to react properly...well...you've read how it ended ;)

Anyway, after that it was clear, i needed another car like that! So i got a 250D Turbo. Absolutly fantastic enginen, but it rusted away. Then it was time to get a 6-Cylinder :rolleyes::D I got myself a 260E. But it had no extras, apart from a sunroof...i kept it anyway, it has absolutly no rust!

Then i went for an Estate and i wanted a facelift...and got myself a E 320 Estate. That rusted away too. Then a friend called, he got himself a E 320 Estate, with lots of extras. But he wanted to keep the engine and the gearbox.

Well, to cut a long story short: This is my E 320 Estate.

It's a 94 and it has got 245k Km on it. And it is one of the very few E 320 Estates with a manual ;) Colour is 008A, the only W124 i know with this colour. It's a designo colour, that was available a few years later on the R129 SL. "Allanite-Green-Metallic" is it called. Looks very nice, i think^^ It's original, the car's first owner was Mercedes. I think it was a test bed for the colour...

Options List:

• 211 - (ASD) Electronically Controlled Differential
  • 240 - Outisde Temperature Gauge
  • 241 - Electric Front Seat With Memory (Left)
  • 260 - Elimination of Model Designation on Rear Lid
  • 270 - Antenna for D-NET Tel on rear left fender
  • 274 - Mercedes-Benz D-NET Tel
  • 281 - Leather Steering Wheel And Gearshift
  • 291 - Airbag For Driver And Front Passenger
  • 404 -Orthopaedic front seat backrest (Multiple Contour Backrest)
  • 412 - Electric Sunroof
  • 481 - Metal Undershield
  • 512 - Radio (MB Special) (RDS + 4 Speakers & Electric Ariel)
  • 541 - Double Roller Blind used as Luggage and Passanger Guard
  • 553 - Anti-Theft System Including Immobiliser
  • 586 - A/C with Electric Window Lifters front and back
  • 593 - Green Heat-Insulating Glass All Round, Heated Rear Window, Single Pane Safety Glass - Tinted Strip
  • 611 - Exit Lights In Doors
  • 620 - Emission Control System
  • 645 - M&S Tires
  • 652 - Alloys (8 Hole)
  • 673 - High-Capacity Battery
  • 682 - Fire Extinguisher
  • 731 - Walnut Wood Trim
  • 885 - Closing System With Infrared Remote Control

Maybe i'm going to do the same with the 260E...:D

Attachments

• 2012-01-26-065.JPG
    2012-01-26-065.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 2012-01-26-069.JPG
    2012-01-26-069.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 2012-01-26-070.JPG
    2012-01-26-070.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 132
Welcome, lovely car and lovely colour!

Hello David
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Hello and welcome. Very nice!

Hi,welcome to the forum:thumb:

Hi and welcome from another W124 owner. Yours looks a beauty.

Helllo and Welcome.

Maybe you could help me with a transaction in doing with Ebay germany. Just some language interpretation would be really helpful

Cheers

Rob

Hi and welcome to the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom