Some Merc and non-Merc Cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
I haven't posted in here in a while, nothing too spectacular to report but gave the S a clean at the weekend. It's not done much driving since acquiring another car plus been using my other half's courtesy car and putting the miles on that since it goes back in a week! :)

I've been using this Turtlewax Spray & Shine sealant as the only protection on my S and I have to say I'm impressed. If you'd asked me a few years ago I'd have never thought I'd be writing that about Turtlewax. This is the new recipe which smells awesome! I find it beads but not as much as Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic but it sheets the water off more and in turn when it rains seems remove dirt and dust better rather than leave spots.

yPzFdUo.jpg

Certainly leaves a nice slick finish, it's cheap and you can apply it wet as a top up or as a spray on and wipe sealant.

X3Zqwb9.jpg

qcodIi7.jpg

Shadey!

hNjDG91.jpg

V5i03l9.jpg

Interior still looks good.

BBFHNrH.jpg

ozKrl3P.jpg

yNg6DIF.jpg

Can't believe I've had the S for 18 months now and love it as much as ever!

I also acquired something quite unusual for me, something that isn't a RenaultSport and isn't a Mercedes. In fact it's Japanese - a Mitsubishi Shogun Sporty. It's about as Sporty as Boris Johnson. Gets to 60 in an impressive 16 seconds! But it feels like a tank that could pull anything plus it's rather cool. I don't intend for it to remain clean forever but at least if it'll be my own dirt haha

Very simple clean on the outside, some Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. That's it.

bC5cpCR.jpg

Unzbonh.jpg

l90IL6F.jpg

Interior got a thorough once over. Chemical Guys Nonsense all purpose cleaner, pretty much over the whole interior.

UT6zMoZ.jpg

RlBl7CL.jpg

e48PI1Z.jpg

Some help.

ip9z7fl.jpg

It's great stuff and with a bit of agitation and a wipe removes most marks.

UKyKolq.jpg

Ran out of Autoglym Carpet Cleaner, if it's good enough for the home carpets it'll do on this thing.

o9JcEq5.jpg

Not perfect but it'll do.

rJRP3Ca.jpg

zogVDk1.jpg

So yeah, there we go! :)

Good work. I wasn't sure what to use for leather recently so ended up picking up the autoglym leather cleaner, not sure if I notice any difference

Good work. I wasn't sure what to use for leather recently so ended up picking up the autoglym leather cleaner, not sure if I notice any difference

The Dr Leather spray works really on genuine leather and the Artico type too. It’s literally a cleaner so leaves it factory matt rather than too shiny.

I use the Glyptone products on leather with a broken surface as it should keep the area a bit more supple and soak in where the surface is compromised.

In the Shogun I just used that CGs Nonsense APC to give the seats a good clean. There’s no way they’re genuine leather haha

Can't beat good old glyptone on the leather, i recently changed to gyeon as my local detailing shop was out of stock and i was very impressed. I've yet to use a gyeon product that i haven't been impressed with. Great job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom