Some nice wines.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mostly I drink £5.99 stuff from Tesco but I do have one bottle that cost me £28,950.

Mostly I drink £5.99 stuff from Tesco but I do have one bottle that cost me £28,950.

Did you know that Tesco refund the difference when they've made a mistake with the prices?

some very nice stuff, I will resist the temptation

I understand buying a nice wine to drink if you like that sort of thing, say £50 or £100 a bottle.

But paying thousands for a bottle or case that you'll never drink and just store in a cellar baffles me.

I guess it makes sense if it's a pure investment vehicle and you're dealing it.

Or is it just a snobbery thing to some to say they've got a bottle of "xxxx" and it's worth thousands?

I understand buying a nice wine to drink if you like that sort of thing, say £50 or £100 a bottle.

But paying thousands for a bottle or case that you'll never drink and just store in a cellar baffles me.

I guess it makes sense if it's a pure investment vehicle and you're dealing it.

Or is it just a snobbery thing to some to say they've got a bottle of "xxxx" and it's worth thousands?

You can get some very very good wines in the £30 to £60 price range, although I don't drink them very often.

What these super priced offering taste like I have no idea, and would be scared to try them in case I was smitten :(

These days with some care, a good wine can be had for less than a tenner.

I've looked into wine as an investment, not with a fine tooth-comb, but from what I have read, it looks to be a reasonable proposition.

That said, I'd rather drink the stuff :)

I accidentally drank a wine costing around £1000 a bottle. *

It was nice, but there's no way on earth I would have guessed the price. Based on the little I know, I'd have said maybe thirty or forty quid. This is based purely on what it tasted like, which in my opinion is as it should be. I had no idea of any rarity, weird production techniques or any other mumbo jumbo.

*We went to my sister's for Christmas dinner one year, and she inadvertently brought out a couple of bottles of her husbands collection.

I accidentally drank a wine costing around £1000 a bottle. *

It was nice, but there's no way on earth I would have guessed the price. Based on the little I know, I'd have said maybe thirty or forty quid. This is based purely on what it tasted like, which in my opinion is as it should be. I had no idea of any rarity, weird production techniques or any other mumbo jumbo.

*We went to my sister's for Christmas dinner one year, and she inadvertently brought out a couple of bottles of her husbands collection.

I'll bet that raised the temperature of Christmas cheer.....:D

He did look a bit shocked at first, but then agreed that among his family and friends at Christmas was as good a time as any to drink it.

Only but tast the difference wine in sainsburys now. Suits me limit if £7 often discounted if buying 6

I normally delight myself with some portuguese red and they only cost me around £15 a bottle and to me they're the best!:)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

The bottle of wine is Alpina.

It was part of the purchase of my Alpina.

As we all know Alpina is actually a wine company who happen to make cars too.

How strange - I once spent around £28,950 on an Alpina - I never knew that they made wine...

Last edited:
JohnEBoy said:
How strange - I once spent around £28,950 on an Alpina - I never knew that they made wine...

How did that bmw alpina compare to the e55 John?

gunning said:
hopefully the wine is better than the cars!!:p

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Seats were more comfortable in the Alpina.

Apart from that, absolutely everything is better in the E55!

However, that just means the E55 is an exceptional car because the Alpina in its own right is a great car. Sort of a luxury GT with some good performance (347BHP) / sound and reasonable handling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom