Some people really shouldn't be driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonl

Car
SLK230
Just witnessed what could've turned out very nasty:

Travelling along a 40mph divided dual carriageway. v old OAP (fag in mouth and very clueless expression on face) pulls out of bus bay ahead and turns into lane 2 facing the oncoming traffic :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Presumably he thought that lane was for traffic going the other way.

Several cars suddenly have to put on their anchors and with it being wet nearly pile into the back of each other.

If ever there was an argument for retesting that was it.

Of course the sad thing is this eejit probably pays about £100/yr car insurance whereas I'm paying 10 times that. :mad:

Originally posted by simonl
Of course the sad thing is this eejit probably pays about £100/yr car insurance whereas I'm paying 10 times that. :mad:

Yeah he probably goes through life thinking... "I've never been in an accident myself but I've seen loads of near misses/other accidents" :devil: :crazy:

Glad to hear you witnessed said event and wasn't involved.

S.

Glad to hear everything is ok.What happened after, did they just drive off?

I wasn't driving. I was in my mate's car. Everyone in lane 2 just drove round the guy. I don't know how he got himself corrected. Hopefully some kind folk stopped, put on their hazards and gave the guy chance to sort himself out.

That's probably the right thing to do, but then the risk is that someone not paying attention rear-ends you.

I imagine the guys who nearly crashed into him weren't about to start being all forgiving.

CarOnTrackSAN1.jpg

Taken from Pistonheads discussion

I think you must get to a certain age and lose all confidence in driving. when the local council awards you a bus pass...I think they are telling you something.
Some of these old Boys look absolutely terrified doing 55mph, when you pass them on the inside lane of a motorway (why do they think the middle lane is like a pensioners isle at the checkout?)

Joe :bannana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom