Some pics of Ukraine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
Hi

Below are some of my pics from Ukraine.

100_2938Small.jpg

100_2939Small.jpg

100_2940Small.jpg

100_2348Small.jpg

Lorry in pic above is like a copy of an old MB Truck????

100_2941Small.jpg

DSC03606Small.jpg

DSC03806Small.jpg

DSC03808Small.jpg

DSC03810Small.jpg

DSC03830Small.jpg

DSC03866Small.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

More of the very comfortable house i stay in.

100_2175Small.jpg

100_2183Small.jpg

100_2185Small.jpg

100_2184Small.jpg

100_2187Small.jpg

100_2186Small.jpg

100_2181Small.jpg

100_2179Small.jpg

100_2178Small.jpg

100_2180Small.jpg

100_2189Small.jpg

100_2190Small.jpg

100_2174Small.jpg

100_2176Small.jpg

House really is top class.

Last edited:
Very acceptable accommodation!! :D

WOT... no swimming pool ?:D

Nice house .......

I imagine the locals hate you.

Looks like somewhere out of Half LifeII (Not the house :) )

Last edited:
Is that Borat in the background... :)

So you actually live there (ex-pat)? or a regular visitor?

I imagine the locals hate you.

Yes that is one of the concerns i have. I does look a bit flash. There are one or two others houses of similar stature in the area though. I have enquired and apparently the locals wouldnt be a "begrudging" type llike we have at home. If that makes sense??

What can you get in those garages?? an austin 7?? they look very narrow or is it the pic...

They are wide enough to get a 210 in without any bother (not mine). They are very tall which makes them look narrow.

Yes that is one of the concerns i have. I does look a bit flash. There are one or two others houses of similar stature in the area though. I have enquired and apparently the locals wouldnt be a "begrudging" type llike we have at home. If that makes sense??

Not as long as you pay your local "insurance" policy. Normally a cash collection ;)

Is that Borat in the background... :)

So you actually live there (ex-pat)? or a regular visitor?

The company i work for own this house and i stay in it the 2 weeks of the month that i am out here. I assume they sort the insurance Graham....:eek:

Its a great "life experience" to get working in this country and dealing with the locals. Most of them are fantastic people.

It looks like a really amazing place, both the house and the more industrial photos you posted; such a big contrast between the two.

It looks a lot more 'soviet' compared to where I have visited in Estonia, lots more concrete in Ukraine and a lot more things that are not quite finished by the looks of it. Very interesting to compare the two and many thanks for posting the photos.

I recognise the Magirus Deutz logo on the first truck -AIR COOLED DIESELS :rock: quite a good idea in the Ukraine maybe??;) These trucks are tough-often used as motive power for the older " big V" Snow Ploughs http://www.magirusdeutz.co.uk/MD8technik.htm
Thanks for taking time to post some interesting pics by the way.

Last edited:
Hi

There might be some link to Maggie Deutz but the lorry in question is a MAZ http://www.maz.by/maz_mid255.html if i see her again i will have a wee nosey to see if she is air-cooled.
Could very well be some sort of copy. There are motorbikes here that i could have swore were old BMW ones but on investigation they are copies of an old design.

Logo is remarkably similar!!

Hi

There might be some link to Maggie Deutz but the lorry in question is a MAZ http://www.maz.by/maz_mid255.html if i see her again i will have a wee nosey to see if she is air-cooled.
Could very well be some sort of copy. There are motorbikes here that i could have swore were old BMW ones but on investigation they are copies of an old design.

Logo is remarkably similar!!

I stand corrected.:eek: Since the last Maggie Deutz rolled of the production line in 83 according to the web site I suppose it was probably unlikely.:confused: Taken over by IVECO I believe.
In reply to coulomb---- when operating in temperatures well below zero-- air cooling avoids any of the problems associated with liquid engine coolant freezing .

Last edited:
Thanks grober :)
But that makes them useful only in cold countries and during the winter? (which we have antifreeze now so cooling system is not a problem)

In other words- they were OK 50 years ago but now we have much better technologies?
I don't understand why some people are so excited about air-cooled diesel engine - here in UK :(

Thanks!

Cheers
Chris

Hi

Spotted a matching pair of MB Actros today.

100_2969Small.jpg

100_2971Small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom