Some pictures of me retro fitting an electric rear blind to my new C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

loveday

Car
Brabus 450 Widestar,XKR,XFR & CLC180
Hi People, thought I would post a few pictures of me retro fitting a genuine Mercedes rear electric blind to my new C63 AMG, cost to install this was, blind £90.00, shipping £50.00 and switch £5.00 total cost £145.00 not bad considering 2 Mercedes dealerships said this couldn’t be done (not sure why they said this as all most anything is possible) and another 3 dealerships quoted me around £2k to supply the parts only.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 435
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 432
Some more pictures

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 428
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 428
So, where did you get the parts from?

Looks the job.

Excellent-any more details where you purchased it from?

Hi, I purchased the rear blind from Potomac German auto, they are based in Maryland USA, the blind only took 6 days to arrive from the USA that’s even quicker than if it come from Germany, I have been waiting for over 1 month to receive my carbon fibre trim from Germany, totally poor service from Mercedes.

Blinding job there, it looks more than a bit fiddly.

Where have you put the button to raise and lower the blind?

Blinding job there, it looks more than a bit fiddly.

Where have you put the button to raise and lower the blind?

Mercedes wanted £140.00 plus vat for the switch and it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive, so I popped down to maplins bought the switch for £5.00 and fitted it in in the dash pod which is just under the arm rest, as for installing the blind it took about 2 hours.

So they sold you a whoile parcel shelf with the blind for £90??? Blinding!!

So where does the blind plug into? Did it come with a loom?

So they sold you a whoile parcel shelf with the blind for £90??? Blinding!!

So where does the blind plug into? Did it come with a loom?

No it did not come with a wiring loom but the blind only has a earth and live so only 2 wires.

That's a great mod. Well done, thanks for sharing.

loveday said:
No, it's a UK car

Oh right, never seen a UK car with the child seat tether points on the rear parcel shelf. I only know about these as I am shipping my C55 to Australia and I am having to fit these as UK cars dont have them as we dont use them. Strange to see them on your car.

Oh right, never seen a UK car with the child seat tether points on the rear parcel shelf. I only know about these as I am shipping my C55 to Australia and I am having to fit these as UK cars dont have them as we dont use them. Strange to see them on your car.

Hi terrymcg, my last C63 AMG had these aswell, maybe they are standard on the C63's

Hi terrymcg, my last C63 AMG had these aswell, maybe they are standard on the C63's

Or MB had a shed load of ones due for export! LOL

I wish mine had them, as I am having to go to the hassle of fitting them!

HELP... im abt to pull the trigger on a new c63 amg saloon, happy with mag black but what interior, resale has to black, but i quite like tan/black and the poc/black, which is best???? i have one day to decide

HELP... im abt to pull the trigger on a new c63 amg saloon, happy with mag black but what interior, resale has to black, but i quite like tan/black and the poc/black, which is best???? i have one day to decide

Post any more stupid posts and you won't be the only one pulling the trigger...

New Member looking for advice sry, how do i go abt starting a new thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom