Some real bargains appearing over 5l

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There seems to be a glut of 210 E55's on Ebay around the 4K-5K mark at the moment. Haven't yet come up with a good reason for needing another car but i'm working on it.

Some people are even breaking the older big engined stuff as they can't get buyers even at ridiculously low prices!

The CL is a lot of car for the money, but it's not got the later supercharged engine, which accounts for part of the reason it's cheap. Nice car though.

Did that model not have the AMG logo on the dials and wheel?

The CL is a lot of car for the money, but it's not got the later supercharged engine, which accounts for part of the reason it's cheap. Nice car though.

Apart from the CLS and the SL what else has the supercharged engine - I cant imagine it without forced induction - its a great engine and pulls like a train even in such a heavy motor (with a 17st driver added) :rolleyes:

:) I knew that its just what a deal and less than a mile away from DS towers, may have a looksy on sun - it must have circa 350bhp unblown ??

:) I knew that its just what a deal and less than a mile away from DS towers, may have a looksy on sun - it must have circa 350bhp unblown ??

Yep, about that.

To be honest, it looks quite expensive to me.

For very little more you could buy a facelifted model (indicators in the mirrors, multi function steering wheel, etc) with lower mileage.

Will

Here's mine.
Here
At £15450 there is some stiff competition.
A buyer I had, found a 2004 C55 for £17K and pulled out of the sale.
Mac.

Here's mine.
Here
At £15450 there is some stiff competition.
A buyer I had, found a 2004 C55 for £17K and pulled out of the sale.
Mac.

What will you get when you sell yours?

Not just 5l plus. Been sniffing around at Cayenne Turbos, and they're seriously good value if you can afford the road tax and petrol.

Not just 5l plus. Been sniffing around at Cayenne Turbos, and they're seriously good value if you can afford the road tax and petrol.

So you buy one and then what happens in 2/3 years time?:confused:
Dump it?:(

So you buy one and then what happens in 2/3 years time?:confused:
Dump it?:(

A good point.
These cars are not bargains, just cheaper than they were. In a couple of years they will lose most of their value.

They've just brought out a 3.0TDi version IIRC and a hybrid job is in the pipe line. That alone will have dropped the values a few £k.

They are incredibly good to drive, and I would recommend one, but even a £30k a cayenne turbo still has a lot of value to loose.

Get 'em while you can...looks like the commodity bubble's bursting....

In English: commodity prices are falling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom