Some Russia Pics..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Just got round to uploading some photos from our Russia trip this year (just as we're due to leave in a few days! lol)

So, here we go..

First and most importantly, the first annual Russian GTG with Les and Me and our better halves! (and our cars!!) :D

bpsorrel-albums-russia-2012-picture6311-russiagtg.jpg

As you can see, it was VERY. VERY wet that day!!!

Next a beautiful SL 63 AMG spotted in Moscow this saturday..

bpsorrel-albums-russia-2012-picture6310-dsc03613.jpg

Next the firsy Marussia "supercar" I've ever seen! This is a 2010 model, seen at the Moscow Retro Museum which has become an annual trip for me! :) The car is huge in real life and actually very impressive.

bpsorrel-albums-russia-2012-picture6309-dsc03561.jpg

Next, a lovely 2012 Camaro spotted in Vladimir the other day. A really nice car that sounded awesome!!!

bpsorrel-albums-russia-2012-picture6308-dsc03424.jpg

Actually quite a lot of US muscle here... :)

These days you can buy anything in Russia!!

bpsorrel-albums-russia-2012-picture6307-dsc03422.jpg

These spotted at our local Globus Hypermarket! :)

Next, one of a number of absolutely beautiful houses in a town called Pleus, on the Volga. Amongst others, Putin and Medvedev have holiday houses here... :D

bpsorrel-albums-russia-2012-picture6306-dsc03403.jpg

A few more, but these will do for now!

It's been a great trip and was wonderful meeting Les too!

Just hope Lufthansa have settled their strikes before saturday!!! :D

Two more...

One of a few lovely CLS I've seen this year. This one was a gold CLS500 and is seen outside a wooden life size village museum in Kostroma

bpsorrel-albums-russia-2012-picture6305-dsc03338.jpg

And, ever wondered what happened to those Routemaster Buses after they were de-commissioned? Well, one of them ended up in Vladimir as an advert for an English language school! :D Nice to see it though!

bpsorrel-albums-russia-2012-picture6304-dsc03052.jpg

SWMBO is going to try to get us transferred to a flight on another airline (a "courtesy" service Lufthansa are offering to their customers during the strike period) and if so, we may stay a few more days and come home on Swiss or Austrian! :) We'll see...

Last edited:
I have used Aeroflot a few times. Nothing like flapping the wings yourselves!
I've also used Aeroflot on many occasions, and they've always got me to my destination reasonably close to the intended time. But all my flights with them have been on international routes. I haven't used them for about six years so don't know if they've improved, but their ground crews have to be the most surly, unhelpful people on the planet. Sheremetyevo airport (Moscow) was an awfull uncomfortable place to spend a long transfer wait, not made any better by departure gates regularly changing and nobody able to tell you what was going on. A few times they took our passports "for checks" and we didn't see them or the people involved for hours. The only food available would be turned down by London's soup kitchen attendees, and every seat in the place was hard plastic, and mostly broken. Thankfully there was an Irish bar to help overcome some of the torment.

The flights were all fine (with the best tea anywhere) but I now use different routes to avoid Moscow (a great place to visit though, once clear of the airport).

We used to fly with Aeroflot, but a combination of poor service and the fact that the prices went up we moved to Lufthansa or Swiss, which are in a different league! Speaking of airports, Domodedovo is far better and with a super fast aero express train service into central Moscow.

You seem to know Russia well, any chance of joining the Russia GTG next year? :D

Thanks to striking Lufthansa staff, our flight's been cancelled and we've been bumped onto a flight next saturday! I guess an extra week is OK... :D

(actually we were offered wednesday first, but SWMBO fancied staying a bit longer! :D )

Edit: I reckon I've got zero chance of my CLS starting up now.. :( Looks like it'll be a day on charge before I can enjoy it..

Last edited:
Thanks for posting up the pictures.
The sad thing is it doesn't look like it's raining and we both know how much actually hit the ground in the town centre.
There is a train now direct to Paris Gare de L'est from Moscow Byelorusskaya.
Then Eurostar to London.

Russia launches direct Moscow-Paris train service | World | RIA Novosti

Where is your sense of adventure!

:D Well, I think our sense of adventure is keeping us here for another week! LOL!

Actually I really like autumn here so it's not a great sacrifice. :)

But that rail route sounds interesting for another trip here.. :)

Thanks to striking Lufthansa staff, our flight's been cancelled and we've been bumped onto a flight next saturday! I guess an extra week is OK... :D

(actually we were offered wednesday first, but SWMBO fancied staying a bit longer! :D )

Edit: I reckon I've got zero chance of my CLS starting up now.. :( Looks like it'll be a day on charge before I can enjoy it..

May not be as bad as you think. I left mine, under a mound of snow, last year (whilst I scuttled off to Florida) for 3 months. Started immediately when I got back. The only thing that gave me a problem was that the rear pads seemed to have rusted to the discs.
Russia definitely far too cold for me but your pictures always make it seem like I am missing out on something by not trying it. :thumb:

Russia is only cold from October to April.
January and February are positively glacial (I've experienced -30deg celsius in Moscow)
The summers can be up to 35deg celsius.
More likely 25 - 35deg celsius.
Lots of sun in June and July.

I've got loads! If you want to see them, I'll download during the weekend! :)

Russia is only cold from October to April.
January and February are positively glacial (I've experienced -30deg celsius in Moscow)
The summers can be up to 35deg celsius.
More likely 25 - 35deg celsius.
Lots of sun in June and July.
Agreed! A few times I've known -25c in februaury! Actually, the first time I came to Russia it was early feb and I was so cold my face froze and I couldn't speak! :D

Conversely, the summer of 2010 was so hot (at times +40!) the roads in Vladimir were melting! Russia is an amazing place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom