Some technical Q's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damagecontrol

Car
1985 Mercedes Benz 230E W123
1: The rubber between the airflow meter and the intake on my 230e is crack and have obvious holes, will this effect my consumption?(I know it should)

2: I need some kind of diagram that will show me the vacuum pipes for the car, ie: light adjustment and other pipes in the engine bay.

3: What pipe connects to the distributor for the advance and if it's not connected, what effect will it have.

Sorry if they are silly questions, I know nothing about these cars and willing to learn.

Cheers

W123-dokumentacja cz. 1

and

W123-dokumentacja cz. 2

these are links to copies of the 2 official MB manuals for that model.

try this for the inlet parts if your engine is the M102 Çàï÷àñòè äëÿ Mercedes 230 E (124.003) | Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé Mercedes, ïîäáîð àâòîçàï÷àñòåé äëÿ ëåãêîâûõ àâòîìîáèëåé Ìåðñåäåñ (ðåãèîí Åâðîïà) ïî àâòîêàòàëîãó.

A leak after the fuel distributor air flow metering plate will mean the engine will run weak. The vacuum pipe to the distributor will run from the inlet manifold [ senses vacuum] to advance and retard the ignition timing by moving the distributor you will lose this facility and also increase the leak rate into the manifold leading to irratic idling- but will have less affect than a leak on the large inlet pipe. Running weak will cause the engine valve/seats to erode causing loss of compression.

Thanks

Grober, thanks a lot mate.

Will check it out ASAP.

I did silicone the rubber last night and it seems to run better now.

I have no erratic idling at all and the car runs very nicely.

when I drove in front of someone at night and accelerated, I used to see a lot of smoke(fuel-black), but that seems to be better now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom