Someone attempted to steal my wing mirror!?

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
Ladies & Gentlemen,

Just have to vent at the pathetic nature of certain individuals in today's society. Returning to my car last night after a hard day at work, I noted that someone of unspecified parentage had attempted to remove my driver's side wing mirror, failed, and in the process damaged the motor unit and glass, and cracked the cover.

I called andy27168 who proceeded to try and help me triage the situation, but we agreed after 20 mins or so that the thing will need to be replaced.

So many thanks to the miscreant who did this, as now it means 1 day this weekend will be taken up in getting this sorted. If I ever catch you in flagrante, I will teach you the error of your ways :devil:

What kind of person does this? Why?!:mad:

Last edited:

sgtbob

Car
1999 T C230K
Nothing else better to do i presume?! You cant even begin to imagine what he would have done with it if successfull in his attempt to remove it?

Or maybe it was another C43 owner who needed another mirror as his was broken?lol

OP
OP
bobby

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
yes, folded in, pavement side. No sign of any collision by a bike etc.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
CLS63 AMG
mmm, I never think of this - mine always has its mirrors in.

Happend to anyone else?

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
Had a mirror glass stolen once. Police were semi-convinced that it was knocked while parked until I pointed out the lack of glass on road. Lived in a small village at the time and due to a few miscreants we were all reporting everything to Police to attempt to get the odd patrol.

On getting the price for the replacement I saw why it had been stolen though! £140 just for the glass.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
Gone are the days of a nice Desmo wing mirror for about a fiver , or a clip on Paddy Hopkirk 'overtaker' mirror for a couple of quid .

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
with the old style of folding mirrors , surely its easy to nick one? Even the non folding ones...

OP
OP
bobby

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
Can you believe I checked the car yesterday and someone had tried to rip off the bonnet star! Needless to say i've parked elsewhere now.

Thanks to Nick_Mercedes & Andy27168 for agreeing to help me replace the mirror this weekend.

If I EVER catch someone vandalising a car they're gonna get it!

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
i guess due to the cost of a replacement mirror the thug who did this was trying to replace his one on the cheap.

scum.

kwakdonut

MB Enthusiast
Car
Frod Mundano TDCi, Kawasaki z650
Ladies & Gentlemen,

Just have to vent at the pathetic nature of certain individuals in today's society. Returning to my car last night after a hard day at work, I noted that someone of unspecified parentage had attempted to remove my driver's side wing mirror, failed, and in the process damaged the motor unit and glass, and cracked the cover.

I called andy27168 who proceeded to try and help me triage the situation, but we agreed after 20 mins or so that the thing will need to be replaced.

So many thanks to the miscreant who did this, as now it means 1 day this weekend will be taken up in getting this sorted. If I ever catch you in flagrante, I will teach you the error of your ways :devil:

And you actually think that, if they had access to this forum, that they could actually read this?!!!

My commiserations to you - I hope to god that the Police get this 'person' before you do!!

C43AMG

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ) Sold, 2014 Brabus Smart ( 451 Coupe ) Mapped 130bhp
Bobby very sorry to hear of your troubles. You never catch them doing the criminal damage, as you have said one day there time will come !!

OP
OP
bobby

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
Thanks to all for the kind words of support/ empathy.

I know it's a minor mishap in the great scheme of things, & I'm not by nature a moaner, but boy is it annoying when these cretins commit such crimes.

Wishing you all a very restful and happy Easter :)

OP
OP
bobby

bobby

Car
1999 C43 AMG
...and thanks to Nick_Mercedes and Andy27168 who came to my steed's rescue - all sorted now, let's hope it doesn't happen again

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
I had the same thing with my bmw in 2000. I added on m3 side repeater mirrors and within 2 days, they got stolen and my neighbour told me as it happened and we had a chase for like 5 mins through bristol town centre.. was crazy. lost them through the side streets, was soo annoying, but oh well. what ever will happen to them will happen, but im sure they are suffering in some way.. maybe lost their hands or lost their index finger who knows... arghh!

matt-tom

Car
2018 golf R (I still miss my SL55 AMG in Obsidan Black)
Ladies & Gentlemen,

i have a c43 amg as well and some scumbag has just stolen my drivers side mirror, what is in the minds of these poeple..... has anyone got one for sale ??

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Folding or non-folding? dimming glass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom