Someone Give Me A Slap Please ! (My Car Pic Intensive)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
For not buying a C36 in the first place, anyway back on subject

About 6 months ago the missus decided to go back to work for a couple of days a week so needed to buy a cheap runaround to cart the nipper to nursery (my normal daily drive is a van) so after parting with 1800 quid found myself in possession of a Mercedes for the first time. It was a completely standard reasonably presentable lowish mileage prefacelift C280 Sport. I promised myself I wouldnt fart about with it - been there done that, lost loads of money with every other car ive ever owned. Anyway that went straight out the window !!

So within a day of having it on went a set a Style 2 reps,

17234138.jpg

Then a Avant Garde Grill, new headunit, rep AMG Knob, bit of chrome, ejector seat buttons, facelift steering wheel and facelift rear light and did the SLK pedal mod (thanks guys!)

26916863.jpg

59909190.jpg

70729712.jpg

Then came some extra leather inside, uprights retrimmed and sunvisors

57324521.jpg

80523803.jpg

By this time was bored with the AMG reps so bunged on some Opera's

41416577.jpg

Then added some C36 Sills

64591583.jpg

Then went mad and bunged on a whole C36 exterior of bumpers, skirts, spats and exhaust also got the handles colour coded at the same time

77223585.jpg

31298328.jpg

Marmite Boot Spoiler Fitted - No prizes for guessing where these pics were taken :)

89861812.jpg

29383314.jpg

Close up of the wheels :)

57612980.jpg

Thats the lot for now (for a couple of weeks anyway!) Got a set of Alfa Recaro's being retrimmed at D Class - cant wait for them to come back

So as it turns out ive probably ended spending more money than the missus earned going back to work :doh: but he ho live and learn

Brett

Last edited:
looks like a C36, hey maybe if you bought one it would've been cheaper.... :)

But I guess its the fun of putting it through a makeover

The first set of wheels looked better the set you have on now look like Halfords specials IMHO

The first set of wheels looked better the set you have on now look like Halfords specials IMHO

The first set is on my car now :bannana: but honest those OZ looks very good and suit the car well

Marmite Boot Spoiler Fitted - No prizes for guessing where these pics were taken

Hmmm. Ouside a washine machine and cooker emporia. Your other mode of transport is a van. Dash says it looks better in the flesh.

Could it be outside a certain members "Factory" I tried to blow up the door number but it turned to mush. Either that or your own gaff.

Big question of the day though. Does the Mrs enjoy squiring about in it? or do you let her no where near it.

Gets coat in case his Mrs is reading this.

looks lovely mate, as said above, you need a slap for not buying a c36, but hey hindsight and all that... nice car, tastefully done.

Marmite Boot Spoiler Fitted - No prizes for guessing where these pics were taken

Yes John,some of the pictures were taken from outside my shop but the ones you can see furniture is all his,hence he drives a van

Boy wish I lived down South. White goods (well they are very rarely white nowadays, but you ken what I mean) and furniture sorted.

Looks good, where did you buy the lip spoiler from?

cheers all,

women are a strange breed - doesnt mind me spending 25 grand on a motor for her but if if she knew id spent 3 grand on my old banger there would be right agg and divorce court appearances ! Me and Dash are always sitting round moaning about what we have to do to hide things from the other halves

Strangely enough Opera's are the only wheel that I prefer the mono's to the splitties but then im probably just mad :)

Ive always loved the Opera's and ideally wanted a set for the van but unfortunately the only place to get them in my van stud fitting (5 x 108) is from the Jaguar Steelers - apparentley they were a option somewhere along the line but they sell them at 350 quid each :crazy:

Spolier is one of those Taiwan specials off ebay - funnily enough arrived really quickly under a week

if you told your insurer about all the mods they would probably faint :)

Renewal time next month so will decide what to do then :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom