Someone keyed my car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLA180SPORT

Car
CLA 180
I've only had my car since Friday and someone has already keyed it.

Full length of the rear door and all the way down to the metal.

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I'm so angry right now I can't even begin to explain.

What makes it worse is that it must have been a neighbour. I can only assume they have done it out of jealousy.

I've worked incredibly hard and saved hard to get this car, it really is a dream car for me and for someone to do something like this purely because I've got a nice new merc is beyond words.

Whoever it is better better pray I don't find out it was them. I can't even afford to get it fixed so I'm gonna be stuck driving around with it. :mad:

Grrr, how awful for you.

Maybe get a smart repairer to look at it as some may flat out and then isolate the bits that need painting making it a bit cheaper.

Still a sh'tter either way

Currently got my camcorder recording it overnight.

Execution on the sunrise,on my order...

It would almost be worth them doing it to catch them. I've asked a few neighbours and nobody saw anything. I have my suspicions but without proof their is little I can do.

You have to consider some secure place to park with IR camera or garage at best...

CLA180SPORT said:
I've only had my car since Friday and someone has already keyed it. Full length of the rear door and all the way down to the metal. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I'm so angry right now I can't even begin to explain. What makes it worse is that it must have been a neighbour. I can only assume they have done it out of jealousy. I've worked incredibly hard and saved hard to get this car, it really is a dream car for me and for someone to do something like this purely because I've got a nice new merc is beyond words. Whoever it is better better pray I don't find out it was them. I can't even afford to get it fixed so I'm gonna be stuck driving around with it. :mad:

Disgusting I had this happen to me and what makes it so bad is they don't stay around to face you after. Real cowardly act that is !! Only option is a repair on paint or replace door if you can find one .. Sorry to hear that buddy

I had my previous CLK done on my drive a couple of years ago, the full length of the car. Sickening, completely sympathise.

I put up a couple of CCTV cameras (already had motion sensitive floodlights). Whether this helped or the scumbag went and played elsewhere anyway I don't know, but wouldn't have done any harm. And if they had have come back, I'd have some footage.

Hope you get it sorted.

What a sad cowardly thing to do , I hope it's a one off

Simply jealously, I can't understand the mentality of those who do this sort of mindless vandalism , I wouldn't smart repair a new car, I'd take it to a reputable body shop for piece of mind. I'd be seething too. A holes.

My neighbour just picked up his new CLS 350 CDI yesterday, I've admired the car and appreciate the feeling of having a lovely car on your driveway. I also told him to stay away from the drive through car washes!

Hope you get it fixed and it will be restored to all it's glory.

I really feel for you. Unfortunately, the chances of catching the cowardly scum responsible, and achieving retribution, are pretty low.
CLA180SPORT said:
I can't even afford to get it fixed so I'm gonna be stuck driving around with it. :mad:
As the scratch is very deep (you said down to the metal) you absolutely must protect it either by a quick and unsightly touch up, or by way of a proper repair otherwise it will corrode and you will have a bigger problem to deal with.

I take it you've reported it to the Police and been given a crime reference number? You will need that to make a claim on your insurance. The good news (if there is any) is that many insurers will now pay out on a malicious damage claim without affecting your NCD. Worth checking your own policy for that.

That is terrible. Good advice given above though especially concerning crime no etc.

Hope you catch the f*****

Absolutely sickening to read these stories. My friend told me about a story when on his road, about 10 cars were all keyed in 1 night. Turned out it was some local, bored teenagers. Not sure if their parents ended up paying out or not.

I hope you get it sorted quickly, and catch them if they ever try to pull that stunt again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom