Someone smashed in to my parked car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well look online at where you bought the car and other places and make certain the prices have not gone up,call it lock down fever but people are buying cars they cannot test drive and prices have hedged up a little,you mentioned you wanted the bigger engine model,now is the time to look hard for one.
Thanks I’ll have a look - I was wondering if I had bought a bargain as they seem to be slightly higher than when I was looking for mine

Well what you could do is put your reg into We Buy Any Cars ,with the mileage and say in great condition and they will give you a price online,it will be higher than trade by a few hundred pounds which they would knock off when you turn up with the car but it will give you a idea of what the trade will pay,but when you get the phone call from the insurer if they mention trade prices say well I am not trade I have to buy retail and then armed with what retail prices you have found online you might get a better deal.

Well what you could do is put your reg into We Buy Any Cars ,with the mileage and say in great condition and they will give you a price online,it will be higher than trade by a few hundred pounds which they would knock off when you turn up with the car but it will give you a idea of what the trade will pay,but when you get the phone call from the insurer if they mention trade prices say well I am not trade I have to buy retail and then armed with what retail prices you have found online you might get a better deal.
The we buy quote is £4K less than the figure the lady mentioned earlier. That’s if they don’t knock it down by the time they call

Sounds like a sensible genuine offer. Unless you can provide a good volume of evidence to the contrary on the market right now (and that includes being honest about the ones at the lower end of the range), you may well be best to take it - they are generally unlikely to move by much, and if they have been reasonable (it is not like the gap insurance would help if you are above what you paid)!

No she was reading from the paperwork they have generated so that number will I suspect hold good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom