Someone to fit aftermarket parking sensors to A-class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fais

Just purchased an 07 A160 CDI for my dad- lovely car.

Got some parking sensors off ebay, which are pre-painted silver and I need to fit them to the car. Aparently it's fairly easy, but i really don't trust myself with putting holes in that shiny new bumper.

Can anyone recommend someone who can fit them for me (in or around West London). Alternatively someone who can fit parking sensors (not neccesarily using the ones i've purchased).

Thanks!

Hello

I did mine with help of friend and it wasn't too bad. I was worried about drilling...but its fine. Didn't have to remove bumer :)

Works VERY well with just the two, covers all angles so not sure why some have 4 and 6 ?

DSCF4647.jpg

DSCF4645.jpg

so not sure why some have 4 and 6 ?

You'll find out when you've got one of those concrete pillars lined up with the middle of your rear bumper in your local Tesco :devil: ;).

Still picks it up,

I've tried mine with a bucket right at the centre (low) and a plank (narrow).

Maybe its where they are fitted on mine I'm just lucky?

Seems to pick anything up and distance wise on the display is very good, I can back up to the van almost bob on now..you have to 'trust' it...as it does look very close. I know when the unit beeps or flashes '0' I actually have a bit more......

Checked this with a 'post' (plank of wood)

DSCF4649.jpg

Works for me and saves more holes...

:)

Fais Your Aftermarket Sensors

Hi Mate,

A friend of mine recently had these done to his CLK, contact this Independant Garage their in Gerrards Cross in Bucks which is around 15 mins from Heathrow nr. Uxbridge, Middx.

They are on 01753 886141 and they're called Bulstrode Garage of Gerrards Cross!!!!Good Luck, let me know how you get on.

Thanks for all the replies guys...

fyi: Command don't fit parking sensors.

will let you know how i get on

Thanks for all the replies guys...

fyi: Command don't fit parking sensors.

will let you know how i get on

Very true as we wont drill someones bumper and to do this using genuine parts is very very expensive. Braybrooks charge £1,950 for a very good reason.

Jay Manek offers non OEM sensors for an awful lot less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom