Someone with STAR in High Wycombe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekCL

Car
Mercedes E55 W211 (2004), BMW 640d GC (2016), BMW 645Ci (2004), Mini Cooper D (2008))
Hello Guys,

Car is in High Wycombe now at my mechanic friend, but we need someone reliable local to High Wycombe with a STAR to diagnose the car further and see if it is still the ABC rear valve still causing the problems

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/whee...de-pressurise-valve-position.html#post1662672

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/141653-anyone-kent-star-machine.html

Further info of my problem in the posts/thread above.

Cheers in advance
Vasilis.

Hello Guys,

Car is in High Wycombe now at my mechanic friend, but we need someone reliable local to High Wycombe with a STAR to diagnose the car further and see if it is still the ABC rear valve still causing the problems

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/whee...de-pressurise-valve-position.html#post1662672

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/141653-anyone-kent-star-machine.html

Further info of my problem in the posts/thread above.

Cheers in advance
Vasilis.

You could try these guys?

Mercedes Car Servicing in High Wycombe : Wheels VT Ltd

I called them and they sounded good on the phone. Need to try and book it in now, after I find out the my schedule this week.

mmm don't know if I want to drive a 9.4mile distance without ABC Suspension being on...wouldn't it cause a problem on the suspension??

The first place is 2.6miles away...

unless there is not harm done to the suspension driven for 10miles lets say? ...
The car has not lost height, there is no leak on the system. Just the pump is shut off by the system for any of the car's safety reasons ... I guess.

Well we plugged in the car today and could not do any tests as there was no pressure in the system.
On the bright side ... after doing the rear valve fix last week ... the car spent a whole week and none of the corners sunk!

So the problems at the moment are two ...50PSI pressure in the system :(
And also the rear driver corner seems low in the star 12 however if you look the car it seems level all around :(

Further investigation need to take place and booked the car again for Tuesday to find out if it is the pump! ... it has only done 20.000 miles :(

greekCL said:
Well we plugged in the car today and could not do any tests as there was no pressure in the system.
On the bright side ... after doing the rear valve fix last week ... the car spent a whole week and none of the corners sunk!

So the problems at the moment are two ...50PSI pressure in the system :(
And also the rear driver corner seems low in the star 12 however if you look the car it seems level all around :(

Further investigation need to take place and booked the car again for Tuesday to find out if it is the pump! ... it has only done 20.000 miles :(

Have you had the abc pump pressure tested yet ? It should output 190-200psi

Well the star was showing ABC Pressure warning and reading 50 PSI
It would not allow it to do any tests. The guy was clearing the fault and the low pressure was coming up again within seconds :S

I assume the pump is not working...
Found a used one on eBay for £250 with 30days warranty

greekCL said:
Well the star was showing ABC Pressure warning and reading 50 PSI
It would not allow it to do any tests. The guy was clearing the fault and the low pressure was coming up again within seconds :S

I assume the pump is not working...
Found a used one on eBay for £250 with 30days warranty

The abc pump can be refurbished now. There is a place in London that does them and from what I remember they charge £400 and full warranty. Oh and the pump should output around 200 bar (not psi like in my last post, that was an error).

Here's a good link for you, on the other forum search for this Thread - 112574

ABC pump for sale, need to check part numbers though.

Well it appears to be that the pump has a leak from its shaft :( :(
Does anyone knows how the pump comes out?

Does anyone knows a place the remanufactures ABC Pumps? I was thinking of selling the old one ... and making up a bit of the loss of buying a new one.

greekCL said:
Does anyone knows a place the remanufactures ABC Pumps? I was thinking of selling the old one ... and making up a bit of the loss of buying a new one.

GreekCL, call the company I linked earlier in this thread. Power steering services london. They are the only ABC pump rebuilders I know of in the UK.

OK pump removed and replaced with the used one ...
everything is working like a dream ;)

Now I need to take the car to a star machine, and do an all over check to see if there is anything else missing to be done. :)

OK took the car to Wheels in HW and done a star machine check and rodeo ... everything working like a dream :)

Bringing this thread back just to advise other potential UK owners.
I rang this company over the last few days. They told me that the price for the reconditioning of the pump would be £350 plus vat. I thought that was fair, then he said "plus" £150 for labour:eek: How I laughed, isnt the labour included in the referb price? How does that work? I will take just the refurbishment please you can keep the labour:D
I can send it to Germany for approx £300 all in for the refurb. Or the other choice I have done is sent of to the USA for a complete seal kit at a cost of less that £70. Thanks to a "Geekcl" on here for that link, but why we can't get this stuff in the UK is baffleing to me:(
Rip of Britain at its best :( Makes me so proud:thumb:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom