Someone's gonna wake up dead.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Remember what Bernie said when Jenson Button got "attacked":

They [robbers] look for victims, they look for anyone that looks like a soft touch and not too bright....

:D

suprised someone who is obviously so rich doesn't have some kind of personal security

Regularly see him wandering the Fulham Road. More worried about him falling into the potholes there and not getting out than being mugged though.

suprised someone who is obviously so rich doesn't have some kind of personal security

He will now.

FFS Bernie, wake up. You are walking around with a £££ sign above your head.

Lot of people a lot less wealthy than Mr E. hire those who provide CP for that reason. (For the avoidance of doubt and given the history of some of his associates that is Close Protection not.....oh never mind.)

Remember what Bernie said when Jenson Button got "attacked":

They [robbers] look for victims, they look for anyone that looks like a soft touch and not too bright....

:D

Exactly. Want to go around with a children's unit on your wrist Bernie and spout off like that?

Honestly, he's such a nice chap I can't think who would want to do this... got my vote though.

Not that I condone crime and all that but sometimes it is nice to see someone getting bitten when they deserve to.

Karma.

m.

I don't like this guy much but no one deserves to be mugged even if they are stupid enough to wear bling equivalent to the national debt.

I must say I'm surprised at the hostility to Bernard.

Any dealings I've had with him or his people have been v. straightforward & as Charles says, he's seen around Kensington, Knigtsbridge, Chelsea behaving just like anyone else. He's the most 'normal' billionaire I've met.

He was mugged several years ago with his ex wife & declined additional security.

I must say I'm surprised at the hostility to Bernard.

Any dealings I've had with him or his people have been v. straightforward & as Charles says, he's seen around Kensington, Knigtsbridge, Chelsea behaving just like anyone else. He's the most 'normal' billionaire I've met.

He was mugged several years ago with his ex wife & declined additional security.
I tend to go off people when they threaten to take their circus to somewhere else in the Far East (where no one minds if 13 year-old children smoke themselves to death) unless they get a completely unjustified exemption to the ban on tobacco advertising.

It's the outbreak of karma, particularly in the replies on the linked news article that are making me laugh. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry through life!

Nearer the truth would be to say that the UK is going the way of Mexico, where the wealthy are targeted by muggers, kidnappers, etc and can only venture out with a huge entourage of bodyguards etc. Must make them feel mighty important, all that fuss! Credit to Bernie for so far shunning it.
Way of the world though. Nothing I have to worry about!....

look like him or not, no-one deserves to be mugged, and if he wants to wear watches and rings that match the value of ireland, then surely he should be free to do so, and without fear of a mugging from some lowlife.

i don't like the guy, don't like his stance on formula one and think he's a power mad troll... but i don't want to see him mugged, he's not done anything THAT bad to warrant the malice some have shown.

although i do hope the mugger is an addict and the next fix kills him.

I tend to go off people when they threaten to take their circus to somewhere else in the Far East (where no one minds if 13 year-old children smoke themselves to death) unless they get a completely unjustified exemption to the ban on tobacco advertising.

I guess he doesn't make the laws in the Far East, or anywhere else for that matter. No doubt you, your family & everyone else here of a similar opinion abstain from buying all clothing made in sweatshops contracted to Matalan, Primark, ASDA & all the other major UK retailers or electronics made in China, or anything made in any emerging market where conditions are harsher than here.

TBH, does it matter where an F1 race is run? It's a nearly always a pretty dull high speed procession on a pupose built track. It could be anywhere really & if it's his circus he can take it wherever he wants.

Like you or I do, F1 follows the money.

I don't think Bernie is over the top displaying his wealth either. He does at least wear some of it, unlike Cowell and his £1.99 grey T-shirts.
Bernies girlfriend would have been wearing some expensive items no doubt, but isn't that a part of what freedom is?

And I'l bet you everything that was stolen that there are quite a few sportsmen who wish that their sport was headed up by a 'Bernie'.

Cowell and his £1.99 grey T-shirts.

his £1.99 tshirts... cost around £45 each. (nicole farhi)

£1000 on a pair of shoes.

he also spends around 30k a year on jeans. (i read it somewhere, or it was on five live..)

it costs alot of money to look that cheap!

i don't get why no-one likes him either, he's my hero... he has NO musical talent whatsoever, and yet is the name most associated with pop music in the last 10 years!

i'd happily sell my soul to him and sing utter tosh for just a small percentage of his fortune!!! and so would you lot!

Last edited:
look like him or not, no-one deserves to be mugged, and if he wants to wear watches and rings that match the value of ireland, then surely he should be free to do so, and without fear of a mugging from some lowlife.

i don't like the guy, don't like his stance on formula one and think he's a power mad troll... but i don't want to see him mugged, he's not done anything THAT bad to warrant the malice some have shown.

although i do hope the mugger is an addict and the next fix kills him.

But wishing people dead is ok?

I don't disagree, i just think you are speaking at opposite ends of the scale.

As we said, no one deserves it but Bernie's quote about Button is what leaves people with zero sympathy when it does happen.

m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom