• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Something else to clean

This is amazing! I can only dream of my car looking this good. Awesome!

Fab job. As with so many things in life 'it's all in the detail'. At car shows (I'm a retired concours judge & participant) the first thing I look at is the underside even before the wheel arches.
Come Spring I too will be removing wheels, cleaning wheel arches & cleaning/painting the exhaust even though I now longer show a car parked over a mirror!

so, are you doing a wash Wednesday as well as weekend? that's when i know I'm getting obsessive 😵‍💫
Lol, the car gets washed every week regardless of weather its been driven or not, being ceramic coated means it can clog easily with standing water esp in winter when it's not driven.

It's always detailed the day before a meet or even just a drive out.
I have 3 cars at home to maintain, including my work van that gets done twice a week

Fab job. As with so many things in life 'it's all in the detail'. At car shows (I'm a retired concours judge & participant) the first thing I look at is the underside even before the wheel arches.
Come Spring I too will be removing wheels, cleaning wheel arches & cleaning/painting the exhaust even though I now longer show a car parked over a mirror!
Some people find it to be pointless as only gets dirty again.
I find it extremely therapeutic, my neighbours think I'm 🤪.
Wheels are off at the beginning and end of every season.
Engine engine bay is spotlessly clean and maintained every wash etc. As you say, it's the smallest detail that makes the biggest impact

Lol, the car gets washed every week regardless of weather its been driven or not, being ceramic coated means it can clog easily with standing water esp in winter when it's not driven.

It's always detailed the day before a meet or even just a drive out.
I have 3 cars at home to maintain, including my work van that gets done twice a week
Well, you've certainly made me feel better mate 😆 I do need to check myself now and again,but you can't beat the freshly detailed look everyday!

what ceramic brand did you go for?

Well, you've certainly made me feel better mate 😆 I do need to check myself now and again,but you can't beat the freshly detailed look everyday!

what ceramic brand did you go for?
I have Modesta BCO5 on the AMG, that had to be applied by certified company. But did most of the prep myself.

My wife's C250 is Carpro Cquartz 3.0 that I did myself

My Van, well that's a test mule for all new products I like to try out😂

I have Modesta BCO5 on the AMG, that had to be applied by certified company. But did most of the prep myself.

My wife's C250 is Carpro Cquartz 3.0 that I did myself

My Van, well that's a test mule for all new products I like to try out😂
Nice choice with Modesta, i've not had any experience with BC05, but its my mentors choice of coating, very different to all other coatings, activated by water and then baked on with heat lamps, expensive system with the lamps but definitely a top coating.

CQuartz 3.0 is probably the best value for money,, not the easiest to remove, one of the stickier coatings, but that's the durability you can feel.

we all need a test mule, my daughter has a Ford Ka that's my test panels, very funny a fully corrected Ford Ka 🤯

Nice choice with Modesta, i've not had any experience with BC05, but its my mentors choice of coating, very different to all other coatings, activated by water and then baked on with heat lamps, expensive system with the lamps but definitely a top coating.

CQuartz 3.0 is probably the best value for money,, not the easiest to remove, one of the stickier coatings, but that's the durability you can feel.

we all need a test mule, my daughter has a Ford Ka that's my test panels, very funny a fully corrected Ford Ka 🤯
Yeah I found that with Carpro, there's a sweet spot with the flash time, found that leveling it very lightly with pearl weave helps a little, Dlux is the same too.

I genuinely like Carpro products, most of which I've found to do exactly what they say.. Elixir is probably my favourite detail spray, Ech20 is so versatile... in short they don't really make a bad product.

I am lost by all this...then again I am 102 years old with 72 children ( I used to travel a lot) to fend for.
It would be good if you could ' Pop Round ' for a few days and demonstrate on my car. I would of course provide hot drinks and a reasonably comfortable cot in the garage.
Thank you in advance....👍👍

Yeah I found that with Carpro, there's a sweet spot with the flash time, found that leveling it very lightly with pearl weave helps a little, Dlux is the same too.

I genuinely like Carpro products, most of which I've found to do exactly what they say.. Elixir is probably my favourite detail spray, Ech20 is so versatile... in short they don't really make a bad product.
Agreed....for me 90% of detailing brands are either well over hyped and don't live up to their claims regarding longevity etc or a recent trend of chemical manufacturers contacting well known youtubers(influencers) and use their brand, the same average chemical formulas used over and over again, we could actually do this over night almost....... MBClub Detailing range.

But i stick to the Companies that have the Labs to develop and design things their way, Carpro is one of a handful that i would use. Bilt Hamber being a firm favourite.

Dlux is a top Right?

I am lost by all this...then again I am 102 years old with 72 children ( I used to travel a lot) to fend for.
It would be good if you could ' Pop Round ' for a few days and demonstrate on my car. I would of course provide hot drinks and a reasonably comfortable cot in the garage.
Thank you in advance....👍👍
Well, Ayrshire to Edinburgh isn't too Far, Could Be arranged, i Just Restored the Paint of 2011 E250 Coupe for a customer (30hr Paint Correction) What Year Is your E500?

Have a peak at the results, i some how had the wrong setting on my camera for video footage on this one, Trying to arrange a free maintenance wash to get some.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Agreed....for me 90% of detailing brands are either well over hyped and don't live up to their claims regarding longevity etc or a recent trend of chemical manufacturers contacting well known youtubers(influencers) and use their brand, the same average chemical formulas used over and over again, we could actually do this over night almost....... MBClub Detailing range.

But i stick to the Companies that have the Labs to develop and design things their way, Carpro is one of a handful that i would use. Bilt Hamber being a firm favourite.

Dlux is a top Right?
Dlux Is a wheel coating buddy

Ah, duh too many products to remember o_O ta.

Getting good longevity?ive been using gtechniq c5 for a while now, gets through a scottish winter.

Ah, duh too many products to remember o_O ta.

Getting good longevity?ive been using gtechniq c5 for a while now, gets through a scottish winter.
It's OK, had about a year on them.

My AMG wheels are KKD R Evolve.. that's serious stuff,, 😳

It's OK, had about a year on them.

My AMG wheels are KKD R Evolve.. that's serious stuff,, 😳
A years seems about average? C5 just beyond that,but i did polish face and barrels first.

Not tried kkd r, will have a wee look though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom