Something missing...possibly!?

damoc180

Car
W202 C180 Elegance
Ive been doing the head gasket and all has gone well...However, i was fooling around near the inlet manifold and to the back of the cylinder head is a hole close to another hole, which is smaller and threaded. Both are above where the coolant hose clamps onto the head...I dont remember removing anything from here =S

Help =[

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 C200CDI Estate
There is sometimes an engine/cylinder head lifting eye/bracket attached there by 2 bolts. This may have been removed or was never there in the first place-probably nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
D

damoc180

Car
W202 C180 Elegance
There is sometimes an engine/cylinder head lifting eye/bracket attached there by 2 bolts. This may have been removed or was never there in the first place-probably nothing to worry about.
Thanks =]
I was just a bit bothered as one of the holes is not threaded =/ I know i didnt remove anything from here i was just bothered that they removed somthing at the machining shop and hadnt put it back

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 C200CDI Estate
Have you tried poking something down these holes to see if they are "blind" = lead nowhere? I would also phone the machine shop and ask them if they removed anything- I would be surprised if they did -but anything is possible I guess?

OP
OP
D

damoc180

Car
W202 C180 Elegance
Its fine, i had a look at another c180 and it was the same. Thanks guys =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom