Something missing...possibly!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damoc180

Car
W202 C180 Elegance
Ive been doing the head gasket and all has gone well...However, i was fooling around near the inlet manifold and to the back of the cylinder head is a hole close to another hole, which is smaller and threaded. Both are above where the coolant hose clamps onto the head...I dont remember removing anything from here =S

Help =[

pic?

There is sometimes an engine/cylinder head lifting eye/bracket attached there by 2 bolts. This may have been removed or was never there in the first place-probably nothing to worry about.

There is sometimes an engine/cylinder head lifting eye/bracket attached there by 2 bolts. This may have been removed or was never there in the first place-probably nothing to worry about.

Thanks =]
I was just a bit bothered as one of the holes is not threaded =/ I know i didnt remove anything from here i was just bothered that they removed somthing at the machining shop and hadnt put it back

Have you tried poking something down these holes to see if they are "blind" = lead nowhere? I would also phone the machine shop and ask them if they removed anything- I would be surprised if they did -but anything is possible I guess?

Its fine, i had a look at another c180 and it was the same. Thanks guys =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom